“Oishi!!! ”
Review of Bamboo Sushi

Bamboo Sushi
Ranked #218 of 4,676 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: USD 30 - USD 50
Description: Bamboo Sushi is the first certified sustainable sushi restaurant in the world and a proud purveyor of eclectic Japanese cuisine, located in the heart of the West End in downtown Portland Oregon. We are dedicated to bringing you the freshest fish, meats, and produce with the greatest consciousness towards marine stewardship, sustainability, and the environment.
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

This is the.most.amazing.and.delicious.sushi I've had in this country! Arigato gozaimasus to our own personal sushi chef. Exquisite fresh creatively conceived. I chose omakase and let the brilliance available flow from the artist to my plate. Heavenly oishi!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic, fresh sushi. I tried their Omakase and it was worth every penny. There are other items on the menu in case you are not a fan of sushi, but if you are then you definitely go. Convenient to many downtown hotels so an easy walk to the restaurant. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Must haves: Ora King Salmon, ocean trout, scallop from the 2 piece menu& a Green Machine roll - each one excellent. We had 2 orders of the salmon, that’s how delicious it was!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I’m in Portland for business and have a free evening. My main goal was to go to Powell’s Books. And I looked for a restaurant close by for dinner. I opted for the Omakase option and left the choice up to the sushi chef for my dinner. No regrets. This was the best sushi restaurant I’ve ever eaten at.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Cool, relaxed atmosphere and amazing food. They have an extensive sake list, and impressive food menu. The server and sushi chefs were very friendly and knowledgeable.
We got sat quickly, especially for not having a reservation. When we put our name on the list they took our phone number and txted us when our table was ready.
We had the chefs sashimi plate, garden of eden roll, and the ocean farmer roll (I’m still drooling over this one days later), as well as a bottle of sake. We were a little overwhelmed by the list, but had an idea of what we liked- the we’ve was super knowledgeable and brought us a couple of samples before deciding.
I would definitely recommend this spot if you’re looking for great sushi in Portland!