“Vegan heaven”

Ranked #221 of 4,853 Restaurants in Portland
Neighbourhood: Pearl
Neighbourhood: Pearl
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed a night in Portland and had a delicious, vegan breakfast at Prasad Cafe. Nice cafe, with friendly staff and some delicious menu. I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This is a small vegan restaurant located in the Yoga Pearl; a very hipster yoga and massage studio. Great for people watching as every type of hipster seems to hang our there. Somewhat pretentious in atmosphere. Counter service of reasonably good vegan food. It is quite inexpensive and well located in the Pearl District. But like much vegan food in Portland, the food itself lacks sophistication. That may actually be perfectly fine for food in a yoga studio, where simplicity is probably to be encouraged but the simplicity teeters on the edge of blandness. My spicy gazpacho was good enough but had no more than a hint of spiciness. Loud conversation is discouraged because of the proximity of meditation and massage sessions. At times such tranquility can be a good thing, but you wouldn't want to bring young kids. A good place for a simple solo vegan lunch I think.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We were looking for gluten-free alternatives for eating. This place is really more vegan than we were hoping.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I put in juice into the Trip Advisor search as my husband was hoping for fresh pressed juice. We ended up having breakfast too.

He orders the granola with rice milk. I had oatmeal. Both were with fresh fruit. The oatmeal was cooked from scratched.

This is located inside a yoga studio. There was a class taking place during our visit. We realized this mid way through our meal.

If you are interested in heathy food be sure to go here!!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

So this place is cool. There's two of them...the one I went to is in a yoga studio which is great and makes for a great vibe. The food was cool too...but it was....cool. What do I mean? They have the right idea. Their meal concepts are great (I got the chili tofu scramble) but there's something missing as far as flavor/kick/punch/oompha goes. Don't get me wrong--it's not bad food at all. It's just cool food. It's a cool place with cool food.

(but let's be honest--i'm a fan of any place that recognizes the existence of vegans. kudos to you guys)