“Spectacular”
Review of Lechon

Lechon
Reserve with OpenTable
Lechon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 4,473 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 22 November 2017

This place knows how to impress. From the moment you walk in you are made to feel special. Great staff, and awesome food.
The atmosphere was really cosy and welcoming. I will go back there in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Our dinner at Lechon was amazing! We tried a variety of tapas and they were all excellent. We picked it because several different friends had recommended it, but also because they actually took reservations - I read a lot of reviews for Portland restaurants where they don't take reservations and the wait is 2+ hours. When it is time for dinner, I want to eat :) I honestly can't remember all the names of all the different dishes we tried, but the signature pork was awesome. Everything was delicious!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We tried both the piquillo pepper and fried pork empanadas. Wonderful, light and flaky crust! The choripan was good, but it felt like eating a fancy hot link. The duck wings are scrumptious. I will dream about the bacon-wrapped duck breast. Sooo tender and flavorful! We had to order the pork belly. I am a big fan of pork belly, but this was probably my least favorite dish here. The pork belly just didn't have much flavor. I regretted not going with the smoked bone marrow instead. Good service

Reviewed 2 November 2017

we originally wanted to go to Toro Bravo for dinner but the wait was too long so we decided to check out LeChon. Though the inside seating was filled up, we were able to sit outdoor. A bit cold, but tolerable. I wish they had heat lamps!

i got a glimpse of the interior of the restaurant and i wish i was able to sit inside because i really like their fish tank, but most of all their jellyfish tank! so mesmerizing!

Each table had a few dishes on their table and drinks flowing continuously. This must means this restaurant is good and i was excited!

I do think it was very expensive since most of the dishes are tapas (average price for tapas were in the teens)

Grilled octopus with chorizo, fried diced potatoes, and salsa verde. The octopus was charred, tender and the salsa verde gave it a kick! though the portion is small for the price, but again, remember tapas, the dish as a whole was delicious! I could order this over and over again.

If you like calamari, you should really try their fried calamari. Lightly battered and well seasoned. The calamari was soft and the dipping sauce was amazing. it kind of remind me of the sauce you get when you order a baja fish taco (lime jalapeno tartar sauce). this is better than most fried calamari appetizers that you order from italian restaurant.

leche di tigre - it's a ceviche that's beautifully presented with shrimp, corn, salsa, criolla, and aji rocoto. this was refreshing. you dont get corn tortilla chips for this; instead you get yucca chips - a very good pairing.

sautéed mussels in jalapeno miso broth, crusty bread. This was my favorite dish. Each mussels were fresh and plump. A few were huge. biggest i've seen for black mussels. Not a single dead mussel nor bad mussel. Each one was tasty fresh! That broth was so aromatic and flavorful. You definitely need more bread for this to soak up some of those broth! This dish is highly recommended!!!

salume and artisanal cheeses board that came with manchego cheese, a variety of salami, some mustard and jams and a giant scoop of goat cheese. it was as if this was the last chunk and might as well scrape all of it onto our board. It was endless goat cheese. The goat cheese was not strong. so for those who are not goat cheese fans (like me) this was tolerable. But still i couldn't eat much of it.

ordered myself a passionfruite lechon mocktail and it was yummy! fizzy passionfruit drink! i wish this was a real drink i can buy from the market. though they could pour more passionfruit puree

1  Thank agbells
Reviewed 28 October 2017

"You've stumbled into greatness," my son commented when I remarked that I found Lechón after a 5-minute search for a plausible brunch spot under constraints of extreme sleepiness. As we dined, one treat arrived after another -- truly fresh-squeezed orange juice, excellent espresso, a tasty Peruvian chicken sandwich, and that's omitting the two knock-outs: the forest mushrooms with a toasted brioche and sunny egg on top (an epiphany for one of us) and the addictive banana caramel pie. Oh, yes: we'll be back. The service was perfect, too, and we liked the warm, woody atmosphere of the dining area. A gigantic aquariam completes the look of this intimate restaurant in a grand old building on the riverfront.

Charlotte D, Manager at Lechon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hello-

What an exquisite, informative account of your time shared here with us at LeChon! With every guest we welcome through our doors, we look to satisfy, and make LeChon a place where they feel as though they are treated as family.

We hope that you will join us again sometime in the near future, possibly for lunch, or dinner, for we would like to share every special experience we have to offer. Welcome to the family!

Best,