“Excellent tapas and lechon ”
Review of Lechon

Lechon
Reserve with OpenTable
Lechon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 4,814 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We came here for a late dinner and were seated right away. However we had to eventually flag down a waiter as no one came by to give us menus. Once the waiter was aware of our party the service was excellent and so was the food. We ordered an assortment of tapas - pork belly, octopus, piquillo pepper empanadas, pork empanadas, bone marrow, avocado smoked trout toast and halibut crudo. We also ordered Lechon, papas de bravos, strawberry mango salad. For dessert we had banana caramel pie and the espresso ice cream sandwich. Favorites were the pork belly, bone marrow, empanadas, lechon, papas de bravos and strawberry mango salad (surprisingly for a family with all boys).

Management response:Responded 16 August 2017

Hello-

It is always so wonderful to hear that an experience was enjoyed by everybody! We want to apologize for the commencement of your dinner, as we take much pride in providing attentive service. We hope you will join us again soon, for our menu is ever growing, and changing! Thank you for taking the time to share with us the details of your evening here at LeChon.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I went to this place twice this week. It was my top foodie destination when I got here. First of all, this place is a little pricy unless you come during happy hour 4-6 when when you get select dishes for like a 3rd off and $5 beer. I came in to get the grilled meat platter which was listed for $36 on the web but was $44 when I came in. It was passed my price point so I decied to get the Lechon the slow roasted pork or the rib eye steak. The bartender talked me into the Lechon. He also recommended the bone marror. First of all the Lechon was just a pork dish. Its not what most people call Lechon with the rice cooked in it. That is just an FYI with no relavance to my ratings. So i took his recommendations. The pork was good except it was greasy. The bone marror was really greasy. The service was good because they took off the bone marror from the bill when i said i didn't like it. I didn't even ask them too. However, for argentinian food you never really expect grease and oil since its usually well grilled. I decided to come back again and give them a second chance. i ordered the rib eye it was a good cut. it comes with chimchurri sauce on top. i also ordered the pepper empanada, which was also delicious. The rib eye I think was too pricy at $40. i could get a better rib eye for less elsewhere. Dessert is pricy at around $10. Never the less, I think I would come back during happy hour and try all the tapas. I don't think I would likely come back for the entrees at night unless I was a local because there are so many good restaurants to try out for less money around here.

1  Thank waterdance
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Decided to stop by for a few tapas before heading out on a Blues cruise. Place was hopping. Waitress gave us a few suggestions all turned out to be very good. Corn, shishito peppers, smoked trout, duck wings. Pricing seemed reasonable. Would like to spend a little more time with dinner and drinks the next time. Actually could hear ourselves talking to each other instead of yelling across the table like most restaurants these days.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

5:00ish drop-in arrival....LeChon was already packed.....testament to the great food.....ambiance good, good great....but serving staff a bit disorganized.

Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Hello-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is very helpful to receive comments about the aspects of Lechon that need progress, as it helps us grow into the restaurant we strive to be. We hope you will be back to join us again soon, and that we will give you an experience that exceeds your expectations!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We were tired and hungry after a tour of the tugboat and just stopped in here because it was very close. Despite the name and the photos, there were ample choices that did not involve pork. I had the brisket and farro which was wonderful, probably the best dish I had on a 12 day trip through northern california, southern Oregon and Portland. My husband had a very nice pastel de choclo and my grandson loved his (very inexpensive, but huge) hamburger! They were late bringing the gaucho bread and didn't charge for it. The restaurant itself is attractive, even the bathrooms. I'd definitely eat here again in a city with tons of good food choices. I'm not sure of the ethnicity of the restaurant based on the food and decor, but it is definitely Latin American.

1  Thank Douglas M
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

Hello-

We are thrilled to hear that your experience at LeChon was such a memorable one! We take pride in providing a variety of dishes that embody South American cuisine, as well as the local produce of Oregon, and the Pacific NW. We are very glad that you, and your family enjoyed yourselves, and we hope that you join us again soon!

The Team at LeChon

Been to Lechon? Share your experiences!