“Our absolute FAVORITE!”
Review of Kung Pow!

Kung Pow!
Ranked #692 of 4,850 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 18 August 2018

We have been enjoying Kung Pow! since they opened in 2015. We frequently dine-in (They are open on Christmas Day!) and we often order take-out via Caviar. The location is in the heart of the Northwest Nob Hill neighborhood. The atmosphere is more hip and modern feeling.
The staff is friendly and familiar. They have a full bar and great beer selection (We like the Buoy IPA on tap). Up until recently, they offered higher-end sodas, Boylan, in bottles. I'm sad to report that recently they only have traditional fountain sodas.

We absolutely LOVE their pork potstickers and steamed shrimp dumplings. The shrimp dishes are served with excellent quality and nice-sized shrimp.
Some of our favorite dishes are
Beef and Broccoli (The broccoli is steamed separately making this dish a bit healthier)
Kung Pow Shrimp
Lo Mein
Garlic Spinach
Honey Dry Fried Chicken

I highly recommend Kung Pow! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We ate Kung pao prawns, and shrimp southern fried rice, and they were great.
This is a great place for lunch, as they always serve complimentary soup (hot & sour) which is always good as well.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This is a really good Chinese food place in a cool location in Portland. It's not easy to find good Chinese in Portland, and this one is pretty convenient for take out, though parking can be tough. They have excellent hot and sour soup and every other dish I tried was tasty.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

We arrived in the late evening to Portland. It was our first time. We rented an apartment and after finding a Trader Joe's, we just decided to do take out. KP was down the street from TJ's. I ordered the Kung POW chicken, Mongolian beef, and northern style chicken fried rice, and fried spring rolls.

Everything was delicious! My favorite was the Kung POW! Good flavor with the right amount of heat. I do wish there was a sauce with the rolls, or if there was, it wasn't in the bag. Yes, it appears to be pricier than some places, but their location is prime! I would've liked to eat in their dining room, but we had our dog with us. The staff was friendly, funny even! I would definitely come back when my travels bring me up again!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Recently ate here with a group of 5. Not only did they take great care of our party but they were attentive and friendly. The food was delicious. We split the large hot & sour soup and spring rolls as an appetizer and I had the Curry Chicken - SO MUCH FLAVOR!! For being a chain I was very happy with this place.

Also - Great spot for Happy Hour!