El Pilon Colombian Food - Portland Food Cart
Ranked #1,092 of 4,609 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Colombian
Reviewed 27 October 2017

I am a huge fan of Salvadorian food and lover of Pupusas. So when I noticed this little Columbian food cart I wanted to see how elements of that food carried to this region of the world if at all. Looking on the menu I noticed they had Arepas and, from the picture and description I could tell they had some of the elements. I ordered a chicken Arepa and some Mango Passionfruit juice. The Arepa was served between two thick corn tortilla like patties and the meat was abundant and well seasoned. The sauce provided was salsa like but no real heat just full of flavor with an underpining tartness. I was impressed enough that I returned and order a half dozen in cheese, beef and some more chicken. Told some people at work and one said the Emanadas were the best he had in the Portland area. He, like me, sounded impressed and eager to go back. The juice tasted like real fruit juice if a little tart for my taste. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

After going to the Rose Garden just searched for something that sounded interesting and different. Found this gem. Paid for parking in public parking lot. Seemed sort of ridiculous for a food truck in the parking lot but it was worth the price of admission and since only a small table with 2 chairs in front of the truck it gave us a place to eat relatively comfortably. Nothing disappointing about this place. Great flavors, not greasy, fresh ingredients. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

It was a suggestion from my walking tour to try the El Pilon food truck and I was not disappointed. I had a chicken arepa and a salpicon (all for $10). The arepa was so good and the sauce that came with it was to die for, just enough spicy. I may have to attempt to recreate it at home, it was so good. Salpion was very refreshing for a hot Portland day.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

First time I tried Colombian food and I loved it. I tried a dish with pork that was delicious and was a great portion for the price. They also sell Colombian soda, I recomend the soda la Colombiana, great flavor.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

This food was delicious. I was lucky to go with a Colombian who ordered for me. The Fried Yuca, Hawaiian Empanada, and Salpicon were amazing. I look forward to visiting again.