“Hidden Jewel”

Tamale Boy
Ranked #269 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 October 2017

If you haven't tried this super place, you need to put it on your list. Strange ordering, but once you figure it out, pretty simple. Food is great and margaritas also enjoyable. We ate outdoors, a bit cool but the heaters were on, so not bad at all.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Friendly helpful service, neighborhood vibe, surprisingly good chicken mole tamales! I asked the counter girl for a recommendation, and she was spot-on. Topped off with a Mexican lager, and I’ll be back again!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Not having tasted any tamale before, we were brought to Tamale Boy during a bike tour.

The place has atmosphere with a cosy garden to sit.

We had various Tamale stuffings to try. The tamale was tasty (and according to group members it was good too).

Definetely worth a stop if you are looking for a nice priced and tasty meal.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We visited the PDX location but couldn't find it on TripAdvisor. The staff was friendly and helpful when answering my food restriction questions. We had a bowl and the food was fresh and tasty! The chicken and pork have some heat which I loved!
Tamale Boy is a great food choice at PDX and provides variety from the usual sandwiches and burgers!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Ordered 2carnitas quesadillas today with a side of beans. Dry as the sole on my shoe but my shoe is probably more flavorful. Go to parquet no instead you wil enjoy the food.