“Crowded fun spot”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Brunch with family. Biggest complaint is a crowded, uncomfortable waiting area, where you are sure to be as there is a long wait.
Food was good- French toast was a generous portion with a side of perfectly crisped bacon. Sunshine salad had too much lettuce, not enough other things (and no avocado), dressing didn’t taste homemade). Egg sandwich was good, as was the Ruben and French dip (lots of meat, nicely toasted bun), fries ok. Service was attentive.
Overall a nice afternoon brunch spot but be prepared for the wait.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We went to Marco's for dinner tonight and both of us got seafood dishes. I got the cornmeal crusted cod and my husband got the trout special. Both were quite good! I gotta admit, however, that it was the truffle fries that got our taste buds going! They were REALLY good!! We also enjoyed the walnut bread we were served with the meal. We saw a lot of people ordering breakfast meal tonight, and all looked delicious!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

My nephew and I decided to have lunch at Marco's. It had been a fovorite spot to meet when we lived in Portland. It must be over 5 years since we both were there. Parking is a litlle tuff, but after a few circles we found a space about three blocks away. Lunch coward was keeping Marco's busy, but there were a few open tables. The wait staff was okay, not very pleasant or happy. We ordered and the food was brought out. We were asked if we wanted anything else and that was the last we saw of them. Nephew said his sandwich was good, but half his french frys were cold.(which was odd) I ordered corn beef hash which looked and tasted like it came out of a can,with a few herbs thrown on top. My toast was dry with no offer of jelly or jam and no one to ask for some. Very loud in the restaurant so we couldn't have a conversation. We were looking forward to reliving part of our past, but doubt we will try Marco's again.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Sister in law suggested Marco’s for breakfast, good choice.
The breakfast scramble was excellent, wife & sister in law split the Amy’s omelette, said was delicious.
Service was spot on, would go back.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We had the cornmeal crusted cod and 1/2 order of the shepherd's pie entree and thought both were quite good. My husband had the cod, but gave me a bite, and we both thought it was extremely well prepared to be so delicious! One gets the local neighborhood feeling eating here, and we really enjoyed being part of that! We will be back sooner than later!

Date of visit: February 2018