“Love this place!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Willamette Week's "restaurant of the year," Mother's serves comfort food classics made from scratch, perfected in the hands of four star restaurant-trained chef Lisa Schroeder. With melt-in-your-mouth biscuits, pot roast, chicken & dumplings and a decadent, different macaroni & cheese daily, home cooking is elevated to high art for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Full Bar & happy hour too!
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Really cute environment and excellent food. I came here for a small birthday party and although the restaurant is really, really loud, I still enjoyed the experience. Food is updated or slightly fancier versions of classics and the service is great.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,712)

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Such great food and terrific service. Portions are filling. I often like to eat outside at restaurants, but the inside seating at Mother's is welcoming and comfortable. The waitstaff is first-rate: They are fun and work hard. I asked for a one modification for a brunch item, and the waitress intuitively mentioned some other changes, "Would you like avocado?" Yes! "How about this?" Yes! This is what you can expect from Mother's. Come early, and if you don't, be willing to drink some coffee with a friendly crowd while you wait in line. It's worth it.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Food is good but not as good as I had hoped per the reviews I read. Ambience was very nice, pretty setting. Food was average I would say.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

There was a bit of a wait to get our food, but it was worth it. The staff was very friendly and helped us to maximize our bang for the buck. Delicious food and non stop coffee paired with fair prices and a really cozy atmosphere makes me wish I was eating there right now!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We chose crab cakes, steak, and child's mac and cheese for our entrees and all were deliciou! The cobbler warmed with ice cream was huge and amazing! Arrived a little early and enjoyed great cocktails in the bar area. Great atmosphere/decor and child friendly in the way all restaurants should be, great waiters and the food was perfect! So many delicious restaurants in Portland and this is definitely up high on the list, especially for families who want delicious food!