“Great Vietnamese food on NE Sandy”
Review of Mekha Restaurant

Mekha Restaurant
Ranked #934 of 4,850 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 7 September 2017

There are many Vietnamese restaurants in Portland. NE Sandy Blvd. is known by some as Little Saigon in Portland and in a 2 mile stretch you can find a pho place on just about every block. We found this place and after trying many other spots - we always come back here for our pho and bun bowls.
This neighborhood place is not fancy but the food is prepared and served with care and very fresh ingredients. Try the Mi Quang - a specialty soup with turmeric noodles. It is Fantastic! It has both pork and shrimp and a broth very different from pho broth.
The service is brisk and there are always many families enjoying some noodles or soup.
There is a full bar attached and this large room is good for larger groups.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

This review is for the NE Sandy Blvd. restaurant. (The owners operate another place with a different menu on SE Division.) My wife and I eat lunch here quite often, as this is one of our favorite Vietnamese places. The owners, are very nice, very welcoming, and very pleasant. The service is generally quite good. The surroundings are appealing. Most importantly, the food is consistently good. I particularly like the "Teriyaki Tofu with Lemongrass Sauce" (#8 on the menu) and a number of the options listed under the heading "Beef Noodle Soup/Phở."

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

So we went there for Pho, I told them no onion and I am allergic of it, then they brought me my soup with onion in it, even though there were only 10 pieces of sliced onion in it, still, I am not happy about that especially I got it when my friends are almost done with their food, also they don't have any stir fry noodle or rice, that's different with other 'Asian' restaurant, the service is not bad, quite friendly. We ordered the chicken wings, the meat itself taste great, very juice, that being said it's not from frozen, but theyy make it too easy, just deep fried them then put a souce from the bottle on top of it and charge for 7-8 bucks, I think i can do that at home too, I cannot make Pho and that's why I went to a restaurant. Also we are not that impressed with the Pho

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

This place doesn't compromise the food for American consumers which is why it's great. Standouts: broken rice plate, bun bo Hue, chicken wings, and hu tieu. Service is good. Prices are fine and portions are huge. Best Vietnamese in northeast.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Make this your first stop in Portland! Mekha is very close to PDX, so it's a great stop upon arrival or departure. The owner is very attentive and will explain the specials and what dishes are from his region in Vietnam. Any of the pho soups are delicious and would recommend spring rolls as starters! We were treated as celebrities upon our arrival back in Portland area after 20 years! what a great way to start a vacation!