“Anniversary dinner”

Ringside Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 4,607 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: USD 31 - USD 40
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

My parents went here for their 54th anniversary. Prices are way expensive, but enjoy the experience. My mom can't eat large portions of meat so she had a Caesar salad and French onion soup. Rather than the salad having a lot of small chopped pieces, the plate came with 5 full leaves. The taste was excellent. Soup was served in a smaller size bowl than you usually get, but the broth was smooth and not overly salty. My dad's steak was cooked perfectly. Rather than getting a flat piece, steaks are more of a thick ball. His appetizer was the duck mouse and smoked duck. The smoked duck was not raw, but came rare. The mouse was more of a pate. The service was top notch. They'll be going again next year.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

Decided to try Ringside, an old-school Portland Steak restaurant. The food was good, but for what you get, very overpriced, The world famous onion rings were, well, onion rings. Nothing special. My steak was good but seems extremely overpriced. They use blue cheese on everything (it was in my onion ring sauce and on my brussel sprouts). Overall not a must-experience eatery.

1  Thank David G
Reviewed 11 February 2016

Following some variable dining experiences on a week long trip in the US we phoned ahead to our Technical Guru, who lives in Portland, to organise a quality “beer & steak" finale ahead of our flight home.
The resulting table booking was at Ringside and delivered a knockout blow to the other eateries we had enjoyed.
I’m all for simple, good quality, aged beef cooked well and a cracking beer or wine to complement and our meals delivered in spades.
A large helping of Onion rings to start was enthusiastically delivered by Xavier [though fortuitously no sight of Magneto in close attendance].
This was swiftly complemented with good beer and wine for my colleagues
My mains - perfectly seared rare ribeye - was just what the doctor ordered; but fortuitously re-routed to our table!
To finish I had the “specials” dessert for the evening which was a very moreish pot au creme with pumpkin and pieces of cake liberally sprinkled atop.
To be fair if the waiter, Xavier, had pushed a “wafer thin mint” I may well have impressed with a lifelike copy of Mr Creosote.
Great company.
Great food.
Great service.
Go - enjoy.
I hope to do so again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

We always visit this Ringside when in Portland. Really excellent professional service. World class onion rings. Nice steakhouse ambience. Very good cuisine and generous portions. Only 'but' is the small selection of prime class steaks possibly due to price. Will return.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Service is great the staff is very attentive. The food is high quality. They are a very busy restaurant. Definitely make reservations.

Been to Ringside Steakhouse? Share your experiences!