“Great flavors for chinese take-out”
Review of Wong's Garden

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wong's Garden
Ranked #1,565 of 4,847 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 25 September 2017

A small family reunion and no one wanted to cook - my sister-in-law recommended this place so we found a menu and ordered something to suit everyone. With their generous portions, we had plenty to eat, with leftovers for the next day, and we found it very reasonably priced. Standard, reliable (American) Chinese fare - a good evening for the entire family..

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Our cousins have been here a few times and said that it was good. Well it was just OK. My vegetable chow main had more fried noodles that vegetables. My wife's pork egg foo yung was like cardboard. The portions were large. The barbequed pork was good. Not a do over.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We had a great lunch at Wong's Garden. We had one of the lunch specials, it came with soup, wontons and a spring roll as well as the dish you ordered. Service was great. It is in a strip mall and easy to miss but is well worth finding it.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Kim and I stopped for lunch last week. We each had lunch specials and also ordered Hot and Sour soup as the specials did not come with soup. The Hot and Sour soup was plentiful and surprisingly good and tasty. For lunch, I had the General Tso special and Kim had the Mongolian beef special. Both were god but not particularly great.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

We've eaten at Wong's Garden twice since we've moved to the Portland area. I am sure my foodie son would turn up his nose, but my husband and I have enjoyed almost everything we've ordered so far. The best things on the menu are the soups. I initially balked when I saw won ton soup at $9, but it is served in a large enough bowl for 2-3 and is chock full of pork, pea pods, shrimp, chicken, cabbage, and won tons. The hot and sour soup is also very good. The egg rolls are unusual, with heavy breading and a pulverized filling, but strangely good. My husband has had two of the spicier chicken dishes and I have had chicken sub gum and all have been good. Be warned, the servings are enormous. Two people could be quite happy splitting one soup and one entree.
Although the restaurant is in a strip mall, it is cozy and attractive inside. The service has been excellent. It would be a good place to take children.