“$1 mimosas...need I say more!”

Rae's Lakeview Lounge
Ranked #622 of 4,867 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: USD 2 - USD 15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: DAYTIME(11a-2p)Seared Ahi Sandwich, French Dip,Turkey Avocado Melt, Killer Burgers, Reuben, Monte Cristo+ full array of soups & entrée salads & breakfast items too!WEEKEND BRUNCH(9a-2p) $5 Bottomless Mimosas!! Traditional brunch items:Dutch Baby, Chicken Fried Steak, Dungeness Florentine, omelettes, hash & eggs, baked eggs. Lunch sandwiches, soups & salads too!HAPPY HOUR (2-6p)big selection of small plate deals-$2 to $5 and from ala carte burgers & calamari to house rillettes & beef bourguignon. Bar deals during Happy Hour with a $1 off all Table Wine,$1 off Well Drinks, and $1 bottles of Miller High Life.NIGHT MENU(6-9p)favorites like Meatloaf & Mashed, Mussels Thurman, Sausage & Kraut, & Pasta Carbonara, priced between $9-$14. Today's Pot Pie a nightly changing special, lots of appetizers & easy plates to accompany either drinking or dinner.BAR MENUreturns to a small plate variety of lounge eats, from house cut onion rings and crab cakes to moules-frites, burgers and waffle cheese fries.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

LET ME INFORM YOU...there's no lake but that heartbreak was easy to get over once I learned they served dollar mimosas. Need I say more? Okay, well for the sake of potential new customers, I will.
Sooo as I said before (and may repeat again), they serve $1 mimosas. The food is great. Nothing over the top nor the best food I ever had but I've never left unsatisfied. The first time I went was with a group of friends after working out (so much for the workout huh). I had the baked egg dish with gravy. It was very good! The dish came with potatoes and bread so very fulfilling as well! The egg portion of the dish had a thick sausage gravy at the bottom and a cracked open egg poured over it then it was baked and served. Very tasty!
My friend had their thin pancakes which were very tasty. Sweet and savory. I am not a pancake fan but it tasted more like a dessert so that particular cake won me over.They also have a signature/original bread that they make and you can add or substitute with mostly any of the dishes that is really good.
What I also like is the bar and outside seating. It's not very spacious and always a wait if you are going during brunch hours but the patio is small and nice and each table has a covering.
They have really good and reasonably priced drinks. I recommend Rae's Manhattan! Rae's is actually known for their day drinking specials including $1 Miller Beers and discounts on wine and well drinks during happy hour along with inexpensive food items during that time.
If you're looking for a laid back atmosphere to hang out with friends for a good time, with friendly down to earth staff then I recommend this place!

Few side notes:
-not sure if I said this already but they serve $1 mimosas (hehe)
-they have a small parking lot (maybe 5-6 spaces) so parking is a pain being that it is located in a residential area but free
-they do not take reservations...womp womp
-somewhat noisy but not obnoxiously loud

Enjoy!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I walked in today during the Happy Hour. It looked like a slow Sunday afternoon. There was only one couple sitting at a booth by the window looking out at the patio. At first i sat at a booth and admired the Decor. The big white orbs between on side and the other always catches my eye. After a bit of a wait I decided to sit at the bar where I would be more easily seen.

Soon I was ordering a Rainier Beer and my favourit happy hour snack-- BACON CHEESE FRIES. They are simply fantastic tasting. So I plan my trips hear so that I will be able to have this Happy Hour treat.

Sundays seem to be slow here. Other than in the morning when the locals drop in. And perhaps later on in the evening.

There are some great posters in the entrance. They are photos from old Pulp paperback books with band names from past shows here. The are is eye catching. Racy. And reflect the times the books came out. I love old pulp art. And that is another reason I love to drop in at Rae's.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Mimosas for a dollar! Can't beat that! The food is wonderful esp. the Eggs Benedict. The portions are just right. We love this hidden place.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I'll be honest and say it seems more like a serious bar than any great restaurant cuisine but I chose the place for the open space and ability to hear my friend talk where it wouldn't be too loud. The drinks are excellent and we hit it at happy hour. I love that they have board games you can actually play. It's cool.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped by late afternoon. Limited menu from 2:00 - 6:00 pm. Although I wished they offered more I had a wonderful grilled sandwich called Croque Monsieur. It was an amazing grilled cheese! My daughter had the veggie burger and really enjoyed the great flavor! I also had a blackberry cosmo that was completely delicious! While we waited for our food we played battleship. They actually offer many different kinds of board games to pass the time. Truly a wonderful meal!

Date of visit: July 2017