“Relaxed and friendly”

Monsoon Thai Cuisine
Ranked #1,286 of 4,652 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

The place wasn't super busy on the Sunday night we went but that was okay. We wanted something fresh and good. We ordered the chicken satay (#6) for our appetizer and it was very good. We received our main dish about half way through eating our appetizers. We ordered the pineapple and chicken fried rice and the pad Dee chicken noodle. Both were delicious. Service was good and staff was friendly. Nothing over the top but good!

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

We went for dinner, the waiter was attentive and very nice. The food was EXCELLENT, I had a curry and it was delicious .
I will be happy to go again ! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to taste Thai food or to someone used to it.

Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

i stopped in late on a Wednesday night while prowling the Mississippi Avenue environs. i ordered the fried chicken plate (#41) as i was advised to select this over the duck (43). also ordered the spring rolls.

how many ways are there to say 'underwhelmed'? the chicken was dry; the rolls were poorly wrapped; the accompanying peanut sauce was unsatisfyingly attenuated; and the service was perfunctory.

by the time the clock struck nine, it was quite clear the otherwise pleasant wait staff wanted me to disappear. and i shall...never to return again.

As far as Thai food's concerned in this Championship Village (T¡mbers!), Portlanders (polite to a fault) deserve much better. Average ain't good enough anymore, especially if you're situated at the high watermark of Mississippi Ave with all of its other eateries, watering holes, carts and such. Prost!

1  Thank Kay-El H
Reviewed 11 December 2015

My friend said they've remodeled in recent time to get up to speed with changing Portland. I didn't really notice much of a change, but I didn't think it needed a facelift anyway. I come here to catch up with friends. The food is decent. The prices are fine. Nothing fancy. Nothing I would consider the "best" ever ... but I feel welcomed here and at ease. That means a lot to me on some days.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

The inside of this restaurant is very nice, quite a surprise looking from the outside (other than the Pepto colored bathroom). The menu sounds wonderful while being read awaiting your people to arrive. Very short wine and beer selection; all beers bottled, nothing on tap. The food was a disappointment. The dipping sauce for the spring rolls had an off taste, rather rancid. The Tom Kha was acceptable, however the chicken was over cooked and tough. Drunken Noodles and Sweet and Sour chicken were ok at best. All that said, it is a nice place to meet friends and hang out. Service is attentive and prices reasonable.

1  Thank mld_portland