“Good find”
other travellers have booked this property
Victorian House-studio in rear Victorian House
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Victorian House-studio in rear
Victorian House
Victorian Yard-seating and table on decks
Studio View with desk
Bright sitting room
Desk and sittting chair
Working desk with wi-fi internet
Queen view
Queen bed with art
Comfy Queen
Good lighting
Dresser view
Wall art
Pillars and art
Mini-Kitchen
Mini kitchen with toaster oven, microwave, 2 burner stove, fridge and sink.
kitchen  view
Dresser view
Bath with storage and shower
Shower detail
Art view
Studio Art
Hot tub
Desk and internet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Garland, Texas
“Good find”
Reviewed 9 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

Nice place. Fits the description. Off the beaten path and best with a car. easy drive everywhere and safe free parking with steps up to room from garage Private and comfortable for two. Pretty neighborhood and a gracious helpful host.

Value Location
DNM13
Arcata, California
“Relaxing and Very Clean”
Reviewed 27 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

We loved our stay in the studio! It was very quiet, birdsong every morning, lovely residential neighborhood close to coffee shops/restaurants/shopping, and it was extremely clean. The locked indoor parking was a huge plus, and the spacious bathroom was nice too (though the shower is pretty tiny!). The refrigerator was very convenient for leftovers and beverages and our travel foods. One more comfy chair would be ideal, or a single loveseat, so the second person wouldn't have to sit on the bed. The only downside to our stay was the bed squeaked like crazy, but we did actually get used to it by the end of our four-night stay. The mattress was comfortable, just the noise was annoying. But, this is a pretty minor complaint as far as complaints go! We will definitely consider staying here again on our next visit. For the price, this place is hard to beat.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
27 Jun 2012
Thank you for the nice review. I will check out the bed for the source of the squeaks-glad it was comfortable. The desk chair is also available for seating-2 total. See you again at the Artist Studio.
rhoz
Sacramento, California
“Great little Portland area place to stay!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Usually I stay in a hotel when I come to Portland but this time I wanted someplace I could make more of my own meals on my 5 day stay. I found this rental on Trip Advisor and thought I would try it. It was in the perfect area for me, close to freeways and out of the downtown area. The rental is above the garage in the back of the property so there is no street noise. I awoke to lovely birdsong every morning. It was a clean, delightful place with lots of little amenities that helped make a pleasant stay (coffee filters and coffee for example, plenty of kitchen and bath items, a bookshelf with maps and books, etc.). There was a microwave, toaster oven and 2 burner stove unit available. The unit is not really set up for major cooking but is great for warming up or cooking prepared foods. There is an amazing grocery store not far from the apartment which the owner told me about (New Seasons). There was a heater/AC unit available (which I only had to use once). The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the free Wi-Fi only worked if I went outside and over to the patio to use it, not in the apartment itself (which was important to me at that visit) -- really to me this deserves 4.8 stars! The owner said it was being fixed so I am sure it will be fine for another visitor. There was a hot tub available for use but I did not use it. Ken also graciously offered that I could cut any of the lovely flowers in his garden to take inside (although I opted to leave them where they were). All in all a lovely stay and I would certainly go there again if it is available for my next trip to Portland.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and charm of the place
Liked least: Wi-Fi did not work inside the apartment and I had to go outside if I wanted to use it.
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers
11 Jun 2012
The wi-fi issue has been resolved.
goggirose
Pacific Northwest
“Clean and cozy studio”
Reviewed 4 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

The studio is above the garage behind the main house. It was clean and nicely arranged, with a complete little kitchenette and a nice bathroom with shower. Well lit at night and lovely by day with windows and skylights--the only drawback of all the light is the skylight over the bed on an early summer morning, but an eye mask fixes that issue. The parking in the garage is safe and secure, but a little tricky to maneuver in and out of easily. Ken is a friendly host, the garden is beautiful, and there is a huge park with walking paths at the edge of the lovely residential neighborhood. I completely enjoyed my stay.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: the parking
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
robaji
Taos, New Mexico
“One of a Kind Guesthouse”
Reviewed 10 February 2011 for a stay in February 2011
person found this review helpful

This one of a kind guesthouse, situated in a quiet neighborhood, offers sanctuary, privacy and a homeyness that is hard to find at any Hotel or Motel. Ken, the owner, is a super nice guy and long time resident of Portland who is happy to share information or answer any questions one might have about Portland. I was without a car and found it very easy to get around Portland by bus. There is a bus stop with frequent service to City Center within a ten minute walk of the house. From City Center, one can make all types of transfers via Max trains or bus. I found the average trip downtown took about 15 minutes. If you happen to have a car and are willing to pay for parking, I imagine the drive downtown would take about 10 minutes. If you feel like relaxing closer to home, the neighboring village of Hillsdale offers grocery shopping, excellent cafes, restaurants and boutiques. The way I see it, there is no other place like the Artist Studio in all of Portland.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Young singles A romantic getaway
Older travelers
9 Feb 2011
Thank you Rob. I look forward to your return to the Artist Studio.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing