Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland International Airport, OR
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
USD 219*
USD 395*
USD 377*
Travelocity
1,260 results
All reviewsfree breakfastshuttle servicefree shuttlewake up callbusiness centeran early morning flightcascade stationindoor poolgreat place to staystayed one nightclean roomsexercise roombreakfast roomhot breakfastnight's sleepwould definitely stay here againnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Clean, quiet, comfortable room at a great value! We were pleasantly surprised at how quiet the room was, given how close the airport they are. The breakfast was good and left us ready for the day ahead. The shuttle was very prompt and the drivers were friendly.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We've been staying at Country Inn and Suites recently and have really enjoyed them. This one near the Portland airport was really a good value. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

We found the room to be spacious (king size with couch and coffee table). It had a microwave and fridge which we used. The only thing we didn't care for was the size of the breakfast room. It was beyond crowded every day. But then again we stayed during Labor Day weekend.

People have said that its noisy, but its near an airport, so what do you expect? It honestly didn't bother us.

I do suggest you have a car if you stay here. It's really out of the way. If you have a car, its fine.

Would we stay here again? Yes. It had everything we needed and was clean.

Room Tip: There are two elevators per floor and some rooms open right up to it. I don't know the room #s but I would ask for a room away from the elevators. We were at the end of the hallway on the 4th floor and never heard a soul.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Front desk staff very friendly & helpful. Room was very clean, comfy beds with quality linens. Only thing we were not crazy about was the location of the beautiful double sink area, which was located along the wall directly across from the foot of one of the beds. Free breakfast had some nice choices. Loved the 24/7 coffee in the front lobby. An overall great experience and we would be happy to recommend this hotel any time! :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I had an early morning flight and decided to stay at a hotel by the airport the previous night. I realized I had some Club Carlson points racked up and was able to use them to get a great deal on this hotel. We checked in rather late, but it was no problem and were pleasantly surprised to learn whad been upgraded to a jacuzzi suite. But besides that little perk, the staff is always so friendly at this hotel chain, they provide clean and comfy rooms and provide a free and delicious breakfast in the morning. I honestly don't know why anyone would ever stay at another hotel when you have a Country Inn and Suites in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I had to fly into Oregon for 1 night to attend for my grandmothers funeral and had been up since 2 am to catch my flight out of LAX. I had called a couple of days before to request an early check in, the very rude person who I got on the phone seemed very annoyed that I even would ask this question, but they begrudgingly "noted" my request. So I fly into Oregon, rent my car, and arrive at the hotel at 930. They have no rooms available, which I totally understand, so I go shopping and drive around for 2 hours. I come back and they have a room available. All I want to do is take a nap and prepare my clothes for the next day. I unpack and set all my stuff out. (beware, the following is not for a squeamish stomach). As I get ready to collapse on the bed for a nap, I first notice a pubic -hair on the nightstand...and yes thats what it was as I work at a hospital and one my jobs as a interventional rad tech is to shave groins for our procedures. I am so tired at this point, I just get a kleenex and throw it in the trash. Then I thought, just in case, I better inspect the bed further....more hair and pubic -hair on the comforter....I then pull back the blanket and sheets....to my horror at the feet of the bed has more pubic -hair....I was so sickened by this, was the bedding even changed from the night before? I doubt it...there was too much there to have some been left over after washing....and even if it WAS washed...there is NO way the housekeeping did not see that....that why I believe the sheets were never changed. So I call the front desk and request a change of bedding....they instead change my room. I should have stuck to my initial instinct and WITNESSED new and clean bedding. When I walk into new room I am hit with the strongest smell of onions and maybe pork...I almost gag. I opened the microwave and the smell is 10x as strong....I thankfully was able to open up windows...I dont know if the smell ever went away or I got used to it. So I inspect the bedding in this room and in seems ok, yet as I lay down , I look to my left and there is this WORM or some weird skinny bug laying on the bed next to me, I flick it with my finger and it started to move...I was so tired at that point from having to repack and change rooms (and no one helped me with luggage either)...I just flicked the damn think off the bed and sleep with a towel over the pillows. I wake up from the nap and inspect room further, more pubbic -hair in the corners of the bathroom, dusty (fair amount) lamps and rather large dust bunnies in between the night stand and beds. I am so grossed out that I go to the Marshalls at the Cascades Station and buy a blanket because I do not want any of the bedding touching me....(for my nap, I slept uncovered). Later on, I called the front desk girl and ask for a late checkout as the funeral ended at 130 and I had to drive back from Salem and my flight left at 530, the gal stated that I could possibly check out at 3pm and to call in the am to request. I called at 730 am and the very rude front desk lady stated there was no possible way to check out at 3, I had to check out at 2, even after I explained to her i was there for a funeral. So I checked out before leaving for Salem and when the lady asked me "how was my stay?" I preceded to tell her about the overabundance of pubic hair in both rooms, the worm, and the dust and lack of cooperation on the late checkout.....Her response? She took off the movie I had rented. I usually would have argued, but I didnt want to make myself more upset before I went to bury my relative. So moral of the story, please IGNORE all of those good reviews on the travel sites that are there for this hotel...I have no idea who is writing those. But, if you like worms and pubic -hair, by all means book your stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: My tip, avoid this hotel completely and choose NO room here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank sabaaka
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland International Airport, OR, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

To our valued guest, I was truly shocked to hear of your stay here at the Country Inn and Suites PDX. We value every guest and truly have some of the highest scores in the company. That is why this review comes as such a shock. I would truly like to speak in person to you and make this right. This is not acceptable to us and will be doing everything in our power including meeting with all staff to ensure this type of experience never takes place here again. If you happen to read this please call me at 503-255-2700 and ask for Brad Bunch. I am the Assistant General Manager here and I promise I will do anything I can to make this right with you. Thank you for your time in advance!