“Fresh, high quality ingredients = Great Food”
Review of Q Restaurant & Bar

Q Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 4,813 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Description: Q Restaurant & Bar brings Portland a fresh take on seasonal dining in a warm and inviting space that is just waiting to be your new favorite spot.
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We had a business dinner at Q and the food was perfectly prepared. As a group we shared the Rabbit Pate, Grilled Cctopus and Duck Confit Spring Rolls. It is hard to pick which was the best as all three appetizers were fantastic in their own way. I ordered the Sockeye Salmon Panzanella salad it was done so well that I am still thinking about the dish. The wine list was outstanding with a focus on Pacific Northwest wines, as it should be. Everyone in our party loved the menu's and the service was attentive but not hovering. I will eat here again on my next trip to Portland.

TA-Manager-Response, Manager at Q Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Yum - sounds delicious!! Thank you for sharing! Please come back anytime when you are in Portland!!

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Two couples just had dinner. I got the stuffed dates as an app. I've had stuffed dates before and I'm not sure if the nut inserted really added to it. I guess it brought some texture, but took away from the amount of cheese. The wrapped bacon was on the border line between crispy and burnt. I had the osso bucco for dinner. I make a delicious version at home, but this one was outstanding. I highly recommend it. My wife and a friend had the salmon with vegetables. I'm more into sauces and bold flavors, so I didn't love it. Both the ladies did, though. My friend had fettucine with tuna which he thought was just ok. He wouldn't order it again. He had a dessert of 22 layer crepe cake which he and his wife thought was great. We really didn't want dessert, but ordered a small plate of chocolate coated cherries. They was good, but when the server asked how everything was I said it was a little chintzy- 2 cherries for $4. If they were strawberry size, that would have been fine. Anyway, she brought us 2 more. All said, it would merit a return visit.

Thanks for the great review Bill!! We appreciate your feedback. You are always welcome back!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The “Q” is a great restaurant! If you go, try and sit at the “kitchen bar”. You can interact with the kitchen chefs and see how it’s actually done. Everything I tasted is excellent and eclectic! If you are in Portland, make this one of your stops. Enjoy!

Thanks! We are happy to hear you had a great meal with us! Look forward to seeing you again!!

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

‘hyper seasonal’ fine dining in the heart of downtown Portland. A stated focus on locally sourced/grown ingredients. The first tip off that they really walk the talk is the date of print on the bottom of the menu. We were a group of 12 and everyone said that it was the best we had of the trip. We are in the food and wine industry so this broad consensus counts. Kudos to the chef and staff. I would go back and I rarely go a place twice.

1  Thank Maggie H

"I would go back and I rarely go a place twice.".... Wow - thanks Maggie!!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We ate at Q last week and enjoyed every minute of it. Our waiter was affable and informative - and we even got into a fine discussion about aquavit. Every course was well-prepared and delicious, and the kitchen worked around a garlic allergy quite nicely. Thanks to the staff for a memorable evening.

Thanks skriver. Our staff will appreciate the kind words.