“Clean and quiet airport hotel”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport
Ranked #52 of 140 Hotels in Portland
London, England
“Clean and quiet airport hotel”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed for one night in late May. I arrived well after midnight, after my flight to Portland had be delayed, but the hotel was still happy to send out it shuttle bus to collect me.

The Reception staff we very friendly and dealt with me quickly, and they offered to change my room as the only room left in the range I'd booked was a former smoking room which might not be to my liking. It was a nice additional touch.

The room was very big, and well appointed, with a separate kitchen/dining area which I didn't need to use because my stay was so short. Some of the furniture was a little on the dated side, but the bed was very comfortable. The whole hotel was quiet and clean, although the interior would benefit from some modernising.

Breakfast was served from 5am - 9am in an area off the main reception, because I arrived so late I wasn't up in time to enjoy it. I was a little disappointed that the breakfast area didn't stay open until at least 9.30am, but that's my only quibble with an otherwise very good airport hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank fatboytom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Fairview, Oregon
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We experienced a cold environment when we walked into the hotel to visit with a family member that was staying there. Arrived with my grandchildren ages 2 & 4. Within a two hour period their father was asked to keep the children quiet, later followed by another employee accusing them of continuous noise that made them sound like a herd of elephants. As we tried to explain to him that they were not causing such noice on a continuous basis, he couldn't be bothered. He walked away telling us that this was the second time they had to come up to warn us and that they were creating a lot of noise. We were very cooperative in trying to keep the children from making too much noise. Basically, they were having fun playing. We have asked this family member not to stay here again. I will not be recommending this place to others.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dcsix
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear dcsix,

I was deeply disappointed to read your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent experience at the Shilo Inn Portland Airport. First and foremost please allow me to express my apologies for any staff member that was cold or unfriendly. I assure you that is not typical of our employees.

I am unclear what time of day or night this occurred, but if you could provide me with some additional information, I assure you I will take it up with our guest service staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and do hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Tim Laib, CHA
Atanta, GA
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We were at the end of out trip west and getting ready to fly out of Portland. We wanted a hotel close to the airport since we were flying out early the next morning. I saw the great reviews and gave it a try... we were so happy. It is a older hotel, but the room was huge. We got in early and kicked back to watch some TV and rest. Out of all the hotels we stayed in over our 12 day stay in Oregon and Washington, this one the best hotel we had for the price. The only drawback was the restaurant, we went down to get something to eat, no one was there and the prices did not seem to be a good deal, so we left. We plan on going back to Oregon and we will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Skyarrow1
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We have stayed several times, and each time we are impressed with service the Shilo People give us. The Receptionist Mike was truely outstanding (05/14/2012). Patient and very helpful. Made us feel like we were welcome. The room was impressive and very well maintained and clean. Location to the airport is outstanding. A true value. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2012

An excellent hotel in all aspects. Room is very nice and big, free shuttle (also I didn't use it), very good breakfast (with a very nice hostess), friendly front desk. It is more than I expected. The housekeeper forgot to leave any k-cup coffee in the room, but front desk had some.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Portland hotels
Clarion Hotel Portland Airport
Best Western Pony Soldier Inn - Airport
Courtyard Portland Airport
Courtyard Portland Airport
#49 of 140 in Portland

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport

Property: Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport
Address: 11707 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97220-1075
Region: United States > Oregon > Portland
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#11 Best Value Hotel in Portland
#39 Business Hotel in Portland
Price range (per night): $168 - $244
Hotel Class:3 star — Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport 3*
Portland's natural beauty, mild climate, and friendly people will be enhanced when you stay at the newly updated Shilo Inn Suites Hotel located near the Portland Airport. Catering to Portland's business travelers and vacationers to the great Northwest, the 200 room full service conference hotel has over 10,400 sq ft of flexible meeting space. Children 17 and under always stay free with an adult at Shilo Inns. Dogs welcome with nominal fee. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Otel, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shilo Inn Portland