“Value minded.”

Ranked #109 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Carrara
“Value minded.”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Have stayed several times at this hotel, as it convenient when arriving on late flights and the room costs very little. Nothing special, older 70's style apartment hotel, furnished minimally perfect for someone not wanting a hotel vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank pebitpeb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
bcchik
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was an awesome deal (about $45 per night), but don't pay more. It's somewhere to sleep and shower. There are no luxuries. The toilet paper and towels are both very rough. The room was small. The view was into someone's back yard. The area has nothing around it. You must drive to get anywhere, although there are a few seedy little pubs/ restaurants within half a mile. The only reason to stay here is to save money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bcchik
Coquille, Oregon
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I recently needed to travel across the country to New Jersey because of the illnes of a family member, and with were I am living in the south western part of Oregon, it was better to fly out of Portland than North Bend. What made me choose this hotel was the fact that it was close to the airport, and that they offer off-airport parking at the hotel with a free shuttle to and from the airport. It is an older hotel but it has been maintaned and taken care of. It was perfect for me to drive for three hours to, and on the return trip fly back to Portland and stay the night before driving home. There are good places to go to eat nearby, and the continental breakfest is good, and it was just what I needed for my travel plans. I would stay again if the need arises to fly somewhere, or for a trip to Portland to check things out.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Shelton, Washington
Reviewed 15 March 2012

False advertising on this one. I booked this on line because it offered 24 hr airport shuttle to it's site. I am a female senior and I called their front desk two days prior to arrival to just doiuble check for this service and was assured they had it. Upon late night arrival, I called for the shuttle and was told it stopped at 1 am and there was no one to come for me. Yes, I could have taken a cab there, but doesn't that defeat the purpose, so there I was the rest of the night in the airport alone. This hotel had my pre paid room fee and my efforts to get a refund were met with indifference. I will never spend a dime ever in any of their properties when I travel. This is an outrage and a bad example to set with us seniors. I will be spreading the word.

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Karen W
Sutherlin,OR
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel offers park and fly if you are going to the airport and want to save on airport parking. We did not take advantage of this at this time. We did get a good 1 night rate. We had an early flight in the am and only needed a place to sleep. I got a 48 hr special on priceline and took advantage of this. The room had icebox, microwave, hairdryer, coffee pot, and iron, all of which we like but didnt need this trip.Room was clean and bed alittle hard for my taste. They also offer a continental breakfast which is also a plus, we didnt try so cant comment. I recommend this hotel if you are not looking for any frills. if you can get a discount, but would not recommend paying full price which I believe was 70.00, we paid 43.00. It served its purpose for our needs this trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cablemanSutherlin_OR
Travellers also viewed these Portland hotels
1.2 km away
4.0 km away
Ramada Portland
Ramada Portland
#65 of 141 in Portland

Been to Howard Johnson Portland Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Portland Airport

Property: Howard Johnson Portland Airport
Address: 8247 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97220-4946
Region: United States > Oregon > Portland
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #109 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Price range (per night): $102 - $216
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Portland Airport 2*
Need a place to sleep, eat and feel like home? Howard Johnson Portland Airport is the place for you. With recently renovated rooms, free Hot Deluxe Breakfast Including Waffles, Oatmeal, Juices and other great items, adjacent award-winning Indian Food Restaurant "Namaste", free shuttle service to and from the PDX Airport. Located within a Walking distance of "The Grotto". ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Portland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Portland Airport Hotel Portland