“Gluten Free Dedicated”

Butterfly Belly Asian Cuisine
Ranked #645 of 4,850 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 29 August 2018

I hadn't eaten Vietnamese food since going gluten free seven years ago. Here is a (Pan Asian) place where you don't have to worry about cross contamination because it is ALL gluten free. The lettuce wraps and egg rolls (!) were to die for. I didn't care for the special beef pho but my husband loved it. Our daughter loved her vegetable fried rice. Delicious and a short walk from downtown.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

A group of nine of us had lunch here. The food was very good (those who had the bone broth pho LOVED it) and the owner was humorous, attentive and fun. This was an excellent experience all around.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

100% gluten free, MSG free, and preservative free! This restaurant is AMAZING!! From the staff, to the food, this place is where it’s at! They have a great selection of dishes, everything is hand made in house, right down to their sauces. Their Phò is so good, it’s out of this world! They cook their bone broth for 48-96 hrs, which is typically unheard of! The portions are generous and the price is reasonable. I plan on making this restaurant my number one choice of dining choices when visiting Portland! TRY IT, you won’t be disappointed!!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch one afternoon after reading it did gluten free pho.
We were the only ones in the restaurant and the waiter was SUPER attentive (if anything it was a little overwhelming but I guess us British people aren’t used that kind of service) - we decided to have the 48hr bone broth with brisket and share some egg rolls. Although the restaurant is 100% gluten free it doesn’t say this anywhere on the menu (which as a coeliac usually concerns me) but we double checked everything with the waiter.
We waited a while for the Pho, but it was piping hot and delicious, the broth was incredible and the brisket was perfect. The egg rolls were crispy and light, and the sauce they came with was perfect. Their homemade hoisin sauce was excellent (its been a long time since I could have hoisin!).
A great place for coeliacs visiting Portland, absolutely delicious food! Lots of options for celiacs and no cross contamination.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Finding gluten free Asian food is always a chore, with soy sauce being used in everything. This place was FANTASTIC!!! Everything was delicious and we didn’t have to worry about any cross contamination because EVERYTHING they serve is gf!! Would most definitely return!