“They had me at "Drinking Chocolate"”
Review of Cacao

Cacao
Ranked #11 of 128 Dessert in Portland
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As soon as I heard “drinking chocolate” I knew I would be visiting Cacao. The barista recommended the drinking flight, which included a dark drinking chocolate, one with cinnamon, and one with spices. They are each served in an espresso cup of about 2 ounces. For only $6, it was a bargain! They were all excellent, but I think the dark chocolate was my favorite.

The location also has chocolate bars and other chocolate items for purchase. All the products were from all over the world and high end. They also have a website with all the same items. My only complaint is that I wish the drinking chocolate had been a tad hotter. I would go back again and I recommend this to anyone looking for a dose of chocolate!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We left our hotel to track down some coffee, and Cacao happened to be a few blocks away. We entered the cutest little chocolate shop, and we both ordered the espresso shot floated on drinking chocolate. OH MY GOODNESS. This will forever put all other espresso drinks to shame! The quality of the espresso, the thick creamy drinking chocolate – I can’t even tell you how good it was. It was so good that we both ordered another. So good that we’re still talking about it. If Portland wasn't 7 hours away from us, I would be here EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Not everyone wants their hot chocolate to be overly sweet. At Cacao, one has the option of chocolatey hot chocolate, spiced hot chocolate, or regular hot chocolate. This was a highlight of our visit to Portland.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I'm not a hot chocolate drinker, but this Macchiato (2 espresso shots + hot chocolate foam) was a rich and delicious drink unlike anything I've ever had. Tucked into the corner of the Heathman hotel, this tiny hot chocolate/coffee bar offers an extensive selection of chocolates, including Buddhist icons made of chocolate. We bought a bar for every friend and family member, some from Vietnam, France and Canada. Also available, Portland made salt. Lovely young ladies to wrap your gifts. Tip them well!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went here on our food tour. They explained the different chocolate blends and let us try drinking chocolate. We liked it so much that we bought some to take home. If you would like something sweet, the chocolate coated figs are yummy.

Been to Cacao? Share your experiences!