“The location was very close to a mall where I needed to go to get my overseas cell phone working again so I could get in”

Courtyard Portland North
Ranked #73 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Room had a great view, very clean & only had 1 problem with the coffee pot on my last day. Good service & very polite. This was my first time at this location as I usually stay closer to the airport but, very enjoyable thanks to my son.

Room Tip: Get a river view.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Tony S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear about our beautiful room and the great view of the Columbia River. Please visit us again on your next trip in to the Portland, Oregon area.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Portland North

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We came in for a memorial service. Everything was perfect. The customer service was outstanding from the front desk to the bar/rest staff! the shuttle driver was outstanding he took us to the bar where the service was at and picked us up when we were ready. Didn't have to worry about a taxi or an uber! Very pleased. Will stay again if we are in the area!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Tony S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thank you for your review. We are excited to hear all the wonderful news about our front desk staff to the bar/restaurant staff, and especially our shuttle drivers. Please visit us again on your next visit to Portland, Oregon.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I am personally in the customer service industry. Everyone from the housekeepers were amazing. They stopped and talked with you. We felt very welcomed. The rooms are clean and remolded. We had a beautiful view of the river and Mt St. Helens.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Tony S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the great review on our housekeeping staff and our newly refresh room that are cleaned and remolded with rooms that have a beautiful view of the Columbia River and Mt St. Helens. Please visit us again once your back in the Portland, Oregon area.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

When I arrived the two ladies at the desk seemed more interested in their phones then helping me check in. They were very rude to both me and my associate who was also checking in.

The parking is very bad. Your options are A small very dark garage or across the street where several trucks took two spots. Maybe you can get a spot on the street if you are lucky. Walk from the lot across the street into basement of building to catch elevator is a uneasy walk at night.

Lobby is crowded with a Starbucks that is very understaffed.

On the plus side, room was clean and quite. The bed was comfortable. Not many options in the area as far as hotels, but my next visit I will try to find someplace else.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Tony S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay with us. We hope you accept our sincere apology for what may have transpired during your stay with us. We are very well known for our world class service and we seem to have fallen short on this during your stay. We do hope that you come back to Portland and visit us again so that we can regain your trust with a future stay. Thank you
Brytnie Hoxworth
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 10 February 2017

I stayed here through the snowstorm. The rooms are nice and customer service in the lobby is great but their restaurant service is horrible. I left three times because I was completely ignored. The only reason I came back was because I didn't want to drive in the ice. They don't even have free breakfast like every other hotel. I got the noroviris when I was at the hotel. I'm not sure if it came from my room or the staff of the restaurant not washing their hands.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Tony S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback for our great customer service at the front desk and also the new and updated rooms. We will review with our Food & Beverage team. Our new concept for Courtyards do provide many option for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner also we serve Starbucks in our Bistro.