USD 188
USD 175
  • Pool
Park Lane Suites & Inn(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 231
Country Inn
USD 271
USD 187
  • Restaurant
Nordic Inn and Suites(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 93
All reviewsholiday inn expresshear planesportland airportroom was cleanwould stay here againyogurtchecking inthe shuttle driverhot tubnice staypark and flybusiness centerwe've stayedhappy houreasy accesspropertyrenovation
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We chose this property because it is located in the area or Portland that we were visiting. I had told a Portland area resident that we had reservations at this property and she hinted there might be better options in the area. We decided to keep our booking and were pleasantly surprised to find that the property had recently been updated and remodeled. Rooms were very nice and even though there is still some work being done the property was in pretty nice shape. The only thing that was a real turnoff is that the bathroom exhaust fan is connected to the light switch so that whenever you turn on the bathroom light you get the loud fans as a bonus. I don't know about you but I find that constant noise a real distraction. The people we were traveling with who had the room across the hall from us commented that it sounding like they were standing on the runway of the Portland Airport when they turned on the bathroom. I complained to the manager and a maintenance man was sent in to disconnect the exhaust fan from the light switch. At least our 2nd day of the stay was quiet.

Room Tip: Loud until the fan was disconnected then it was very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Although this location is fairly far from the places I go when in Portland, it is very convenient to the airport and freeway system. Construction was occurring while we were there, but we did not suffer in any way from its effects. The room was very clean, the bathroom was too, and the beds are comfortable. The rewards program is one of the best I've ever used, so IHG has my loyalty. I'll be back.... Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Amey H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Portland Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and construction did not effect your stay. We appreciate you staying with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I could not find the hotel at first, as the signage off the road is very small and poor. It is close to I-205, and not far from I-84. A shuttle is offered to and from the airport, which came in handy for my flight to Honolulu.

The property is under renovation so the insides are not pretty, however the noise is not bad and they do stop at night. I believe there is a spa, but it looked closed. There is no pool.

I am not sure if I was in a renovated room or not, but it was clean. The TV selection is very limited, and you can at times hear planes overhead, but the airport is not far away. I did however sleep very well two of the three nights.

There was a time change and my wake up call did not active until an hour later. Apparently, the system does not adjust to the end of DST. Luckily, it was the night I could not sleep and I was awake.

Breakfast was typical and fine, as was the business center in the same area.

The desk staff was very friendly and helpful for attractions in Downtown Portland.

I did a Park and Fly, which is an extra $50 to leave your car for up to two weeks while you fly. My car was untouched after returning four days later. I have heard this program has been suspended while construction is ongoing, so check beforehand.

I will say the prices are very high during renovations. The whole thing cost around $600 for three nights (two before the flight and one upon return in a different room). Part of it is the outrageous taxes charged by the various government agencies, including a special Portland tax for being in some sort of economic zone. These taxes are not the hotel’s fault of course, but I would hope they would lower the rates some while construction is occurring. I can see how some guests would be upset.

The weather was cold (40s) and rainy pretty much the entire time, so I didn’t get to see as much as I wanted. The airport area is fine, however downtown areas have a huge homeless problem, making things unsettling. Only one person bothered me, but it is not a good look for the city.

I have no plans to return in the near future, but if so, I may look in a suburb and hopefully save a few dollars in both rates and taxes.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Portland Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Lovely day Keith B,

I admire guests like you for always taking the time to leave a feedback about your stay at different IHG hotels. While we appreciate your stay at our hotel, I'm sorry that you found the rate expensive and had a bit of trouble locating the hotel. On the contrary, I'm glad you were able to sleep well in our newly refurbished rooms and found the Park & Fly advantageous.

Our efforts in upgrading the facilities are one of our ways to create hotels guest love. Another is by listening to our beloved guests so I will share your comments with our hotel operations because we aim to please.

The best time to visit Portland is from June to August when the weather is warm but whenever you are here, I invite you to come stay with us again. Hope the holiday season is a jolly time for you!

Elizabeth B.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I've been here before, and it was worth coming back. The construction was not an issue, but we arrived late on a Saturday night, and left Sunday. The shuttle driver was superb, great guy! Breakfast was nice, I do like the cinnamon rolls most of all. The breakfast hostess seemed oblivious to us, but she worked hard keeping everything well stocked.

It's a quiet place, the bed was most comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small, but everything in it was top notch. This is a great value with the IHG points-and-cash option, and because of that, I will indeed be back.

Room Tip: No bad rooms here, but we always take the uppermost floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This was a great hotel. They provided transportation to the MAX trains, had a great breakfast and the rooms were nice! The one thing that will be different in the future is their location. They will. E closer to the airport, and the one we stayed at was being made into a Best Western!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business