All reviews holiday inn express portland airport room was clean hear planes would stay here again checking in yogurt late at night the shuttle driver hot tub nice stay park and fly king bed business center we've stayed property renovation
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We got to the hotel on Wednesday afternoon. Got right into our room, and everything was good. This Holiday inn express has a managers reception in the dinning area on Wed. night. This is nice. The rooms are very nice and roomy. Our room had it's own little sitting area, which is nice when you are in a hotel 3-4 days a week.
The hotel only has one ice maker and it is on the first floor. The hotel also only has one elevator,which wouldn't be a problem, but it is also the staff elevator. that means it takes forever to get to any of the floor when housekeeping is working. And they seem to work from 8:00 till about 2:00. I ended up using the stairs it was much faster.
The workout room is small, but very nice. it has everything that one might need.
Our first night sleep was nice. The bed is very nice and comphy. The problem was on Thursday night. It must be delivery day, starting about 1:00 am. Thats right 1 in the morning and I don't think that it matter to the delivery people. That lasted till after 2:00. Then around 4:00 something else was delivered. This one was much faster, but not any quiter. The yes you got it around 6:00 it is trash day and that is never quiet. Followed by some type of carts going up and down the walk way. You must think I was on the bottom floor, nope we were on the 2nd floor.

I think that this hotel is fine, just not on that side of the hotel on delivery day. We were in room 220, so that is the side of the hotel to stay away from

good luck

Room Tip: We do get upgrades on rooms due to my husband has platinum status at the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank leahtots
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Portland Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear leahtots,

Thank you for your review and thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum member. We are glad you enjoyed your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're very sorry for any inconvenience the noise caused you during your stay. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27732327

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Really liked this hotel and the location! The rooms werent that clean but they were pretty nice!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Nyjordet
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We were here to visit my ill great grandfather and we chose to stay here, one of the best times ever and will remember it always! The staff was excellent and very courteous. They were always smiling and helpful on directions and advice. We chose this location due to it being very accessable to my great grandpas house and hospital location. We will be back and will most definatley stay here!

Room Tip: This room was so much bigger than expected, we had 2 queens and the beds were very comfortable. Very quiet room, we were by elevator and couldnt hear it or A/C unit.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacy C
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My fMily of five stayed in this hotel overnight for the "park and fly" program. We had a two room suite. Our flight was fairly early the next morning, and sign up for the shuttle was simple. My family enjoyed the breakfast the next morning and then we hopped on board the shuttle and headed to the airport. This is the good!

Now the bad.....when we arrived back to the Portland airport I called form the shuttle. It was late at night. I believe it was almost 11 pm. I was told the shuttle driver was very busy, but she would arrive back to the airport in ten mins. We waited 20 mins and I called again. More apologies, very busy, she was coming. Finally the shuttle arrives. There was 7 in our party. Before we knew another family of five had started putting their luggage inside the shuttle. We all squeezed into the shuttle and headed for the hotel. Once we were underway one of the male passengers in the other realized the driver didn't turn where he thought she should have. He then informed her that they were staying in the Holiday Inn not HIE. Instead of her taking us to our hotel the Holiday Inn Express..the driver took them to their hotel. Then proceeded to drive back to the airport for more passengers! Stating she was only doing as she was told. We were finally taken to the hotel and she threw our bags out of the back of the van. We will never stay here again. You get what you pay for and this was no bargain or anyway to end our two week vacation to Hawaii.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Buckeysdoe
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband, our adult daughter, and I stayed at this hotel the night prior to an early morning flight to Germany for our daughter. The staff was very friendly, the beds were VERY comfortable (with lots of extra pillows), the breakfast was tasty with something for everyone, and the shuttle service prompt and fast. The room and bath were clean and well-appointed. However, the have limited TV channel offerings---no PBS, and although listed, no CNBC. But, one can live without them for a night. After checking out, I had reason to call the hotel for extra help with the rewards program and found Kayla to be most helpful and efficient. I cannot say the same for the Rewards call center staff, who were uninformed and provided incomplete information to me. I think I will just work through the hotel staff in the future. We will stay here for all future airport-related overnights.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family