All reviews free parking main building living room within walking distance rose garden oatmeal japanese garden residential neighborhood close to downtown small kitchen location is great few blocks the pearl full kitchen powell's books shower curtain public transportation
Reviewed 23 July 2018

The location was safe and near Washington Park. Other than that we were very disappointed in the room, especially for the price. The only room amenity was a coffee pot. The room was small but there was room for a table--BUT there was no table, just a chair. That made for little room to place your things to be comfortable. The worst aspect of the room was the bed--injurious. The frame went beyond the mattress with sharp points. Try as we might to avoid the edges, we banged our shins more than once. Not fun!

Room Tip: Beware the bedframe corners!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We stayed in the inn part of the Park Lane Inn and Suites for 5 nights. I was worried going into it that as an old motor lodge it might be extra noisy, small, or weird. I did read a bunch of positive TripAdvisor reviews before booking and I'm happy to report that our stay at the Park Lane Inn was really great. We were in a corner room of the 2nd floor of the inn. The room was very large and included a nice size closet, chest of drawers, coffee and two bottles of water, flat screen tv, table and chairs, queen size bed, alarm clock, hair dryer, bathroom, with shower and toiletries and a fan. The place had nice bamboo flooring. We had a great view of the city. We could see Mt. Hood and the other mountains from the balcony. The lobby across the street had coffee, tea, and cookies throughout the day. The staff were super friendly. The only con would be that if you get noisy guests you will hear them through the wall as it is in an old motor inn. Luckily, we didn't have many neighbors that kept talking after 11 p.m. We had a car for part of the visit and we never had any trouble with parking. Lots of spots.
The inn is located close to many things. It is an easy walk to 23rd or 21st Ave, which both have numerous restaurants and shops. Also, about a 20 minute walk uphill to Washington Park or down to Powell's. The Trimet stop at Providence Park is also right down the road. There are a few good breakfast spots in the neighborhood too. It was a super homebase for visiting Portland.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. I love how the rooms are set up like a small apartment. Everything you need is right there. They even have a dishwasher and they provide you with dishes! The bed wasn't super comfy so next time I'll bring my mattress topper. And the carpet in the bedroom was hideous and kinda gross looking. They should definitely replace those with some tile or hardwood flooring. The customer service was great! The girl who checked me in was so sweet. Oh and they actually have GOOD coffee!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Was given a voucher by Amtrak to stay overnight as train was 8 1/2 hours late ( another story). Was pleasantly surprised at this nice spot. Tucked off busy streets, in is located in NW Portland among lovely homes it is within walking distance of cool neighborhoods, cafes, restaurants and unique shopping. Staff very friendly and helpful.Nice amenities.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I reserved a king suite. I needed parking as I had a pickup truck moving my son’s stuff to his new apt. I called at noon to alert them as to my arrival around 8 or 9 pm and was assured there was no issue. When I arrived there were no parking spaces to be had. When I went to check in they had sold my room to someone else because they overbooked the weekend, and then had the audacity to blame Expedia! Her suggestion was to “move things around” and see if she could fit me in somewhere, which meant she was gonna sell me someone elses reservation? Portland was booked up and I was basically forced to drive 3 1/2 hours home.
Don’t risk it. Dishonest practice. Look somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo