Review Highlights
Great Oregon Wine Tour

What an incredible day with Larry! Front door service and a friendly,knowledgeable host! Larry took... read more

Reviewed 21 August 2018
Laurie T
Gainesville
via mobile
Awesome wine tour

This was a great wine tour. Wayne was knowledgeable and made sure my group all had a great time... read more

Reviewed 29 July 2018
Patrick L
via mobile

All reviews fantastic wine comfortable van wine tour mount hood teri wayne wineries knowledge info driver brewery company scenery stops
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We were on the 11:00 tour tour of the city, two of us plus one other guest. Our guide Teri picked us up from our hotel which was very helpful, in her comfortable van.
Teri knows a lot about the history of the city and is justifiably proud.
Highlights include a visit to the Pittock mansion, with stunning views of Mount Hood and Mount Mount St Helen's. Lots of quick stops to get out of the van too.
Tour went over 3 & 1/2 hours and was very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We had a very enjoyable tour of Portland with Teri in mid January. It was the first time either my wife and I had ever been to Portland, so we were eager to maximize our 2 days in the city to see all that we could. The booking experience with the company was smooth and friendly and we were picked up at our hotel that afternoon. Teri was very outgoing and was able to tell us lots of great information about all the sights we were seeing. My favorite about the tour was a trip to all the Portland local neighborhoods that we would probably have never thought to venture to on our own. I greatly enjoyed all our stops along the way and definitely want to make a return trip to Portland. Highly recommend taking this tour!

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

I accompanied my husband on his business trip which meant that we had limited time to explore together.
I selected this tour based on earlier reviews and we were not disappointed.
Our reservations were confirmed at time of booking and again as the date neared. I also communicated my request for a vegetarian option for lunch and was reassured it would be accommodated .
We were picked up as scheduled in front of our city center hotel . The bus/van was clean and comfortable introductions with our guide ,Camille , and fellow passengers were exchanged and we set off for the Willamet Valley .
We stopped at 5 beautiful wineries and at each it was clear that Camille had a friendly relationship with the vintners , it was also obvious that Camille knew the region , the history and much about wine making .
We used a large kitchen /dining room at our midday winery stop for a welcome lunch provided by Camille , and as promised there were great vegetarian options for me, while my husband enjoyed the other selections.
We stopped at a couple wineries in the afternoon and were dropped off at our hotel at the predicted time late afternoon .
We did purchase a few bottles to take home but felt no pressure to do so.
We felt it was an excellent value for the day and that it was the highlight of our visit to Portland , thanks Camille !

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I had the time of my life on the Potlandia bus. I was quickly taken back to the 70's!! The dispensaries that we went to were very educational. Cammy and Wayne joined in on this tour and treated us to taco's at the end of the night!!

Camille G, Guest Relations Manager at Great Oregon Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you Miss Bibbian!
So glad you could join us, I remember that tour, I don't hop on many of them but was glad I did that day. Omar does a great job puting together a custom tour for each group.
I hope you return to Portland some day and join in on another groovy experience with us

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The quality of a wine tour experience is shaped by the driver, the choice of wineries and the company around you. Great Oregon Tours delivered in all three categories. Our driver Teri Joly was a skilled chauffeur, but also a proud Oregonian, offering historical factoids along the way, and a true oenophile, sharing her knowledge of the industry and some of the players. The selection of wineries was diverse, highlighting some of the boutique producers, along with the bigger national names. We also were fortunate to have a great group of people on our bus, ranging from Fortune 500 exec to a pair of newlyweds, all of whom added something special to the mix. If I had to deduct points it would have to be for the quality of picnic lunch that was included with the tour price. While cheese and charcuterie and vegetable platters were delicious, they fell short of feeding a group of 8, particularly with 4 wineries on the itinerary. The addition of a few small sandwiches would have been greatly appreciated.