“Staying here while working in the area. ”
Review of Pacific City Inn

Pacific City Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pacific City
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

After staying in an awful place in Lincoln City, my wife found this little gem for me. It's very comfortable and immaculately clean !! The people who run the place are the nicest people and so accommodating, they have really been great !! The Bistro is the restaurant at the Inn and serves amazing food, always good !! There are cute shops all nearby and it's very conveniently located. I have no complaints, at all about this little Inn !! Really enjoying my stay !!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Geoffrey W, Owner at Pacific City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy when you are happy. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know we are doing our job.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Having left it somewhat late, our options for booking anywhere to see the Eclipse in Oregon were *very* limited and we essentially ended up here as the only available option that was reasonably priced. We'd never been to Oregon before and it turned out that Pacific City is really a rather good spot to stay as you can drive south to explore the delights of the Otter Crest Loop and do a spot of whale watching (we saw some grey whales feeding on kelp) as well as driving north on the 3 capes scenic drive and in our case even further to Cannon Beach. So all in all, Pacific City was a good base.

The Bistro and Inn were an interesting combination. The accommodation is, yes, rather dated but our king size bed was extremely comfy and the room had a fridge for our supplies and ground coffee for the provided filter machine. The sliding door to the balcony overlooking the quaint airstrip provided some welcome fresh air and it was fun watching the occasional light aircraft come in to land - don't let that put you off, by occasional I mean maybe 1 or 2 per day!

The Bistro is (much) more up-scale and we had a lovely dinner on our first night - I had the halibut, which was excellent and my wife had the Asian Bouillabaisse which was full of flavour. We chose a glass of Vinho Verde from the extensive wine list to accompany the meal. Service was great and the restaurant deserves to be busier - the food was really good!

On the day of the eclipse it was great being able to just walk out the door and stroll to the sand dunes on the beach where we took in the spectacle - the sea fog parted just in time and we had an amazing view of totality.

Unfortunately work commitments meant I had to cut our stay short by a day but we still managed to take a long detour on the way home to Seattle taking in some of the other great locations along the Oregon coast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

To start off, I don't usually write reviews at all but I was so horrified by how my husband and I were treated that I just needed to warn anyone I can about the Pacific City Inn.
I wanted to surprise my husband with a trip away to the coast for his birthday weekend. He just retired from the Army after 10 years and it is his first birthday out of the service where we can finally celebrate however we want and I was really excited to do this for him.
I booked a room with a king bed and received a confirmation email securing the reservation. Then I received an email the following day saying that they actually didn't have a king room after all but they would change it to a 2 queen bed room without charging us more...
I don't want an extra bed taking up my room for no reason just to sleep on a smaller bed and then be told they are doing me a favor by not raising the price by $35 dollars each night.
I called to talk to them to see if they could do something to make this inconvenience up to us. I asked if I could get some money off the room or a restaurant voucher or just anything because the situation is just unfortunate for us. The gentleman (I use this term very loosely) immediately was so rude and told me that they could just cancel the reservation for us because "why would they do anything for me?" I told them that if they are canceling my reservation that I better not see any cancellation fees whatsoever or I would call the BBB and he screamed at me for "threatening him". I'm sorry but that is not an unreasonable thing for me to say when they have talked to me the way they have when I began the conversation respectfully and reasonably.
I have worked at a 4 star hotel for many years so maybe I just expect to be treated with too much respect as a paying guest at a hotel but this was a shocking way to be treated. Worst customer service and hospitality I have ever experienced in my life. DO NOT EVER BOOK A ROOM HERE.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beth L
Reviewed 16 May 2017

The room was decently clean. The bible was covered in dust, so obviously the room cleaning staff were not the best. A feather adorned our floor for our 3 day stay and was never vacuumed. The staff was friendly. At one point for the two of us we had to hare one towel. It was a bit overpriced for the upkeep. The internet reception was next to 0, which if you have to do anything you would have to sit in the bar to get WiFi.

Room Tip: Try to get upstairs at least
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2017

very old not kept up. needs new cleaning crew. expensive. lousy staff bad location. wouldnt ever stay there again. ruined our whole trip but all else was booked so we had no choice.look at the reviews before booking

Stayed: January 2017
2  Thank unhappy2011
Geoffrey W, General Manager at Pacific City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

We are not able to identify you so, you must have the wrong place.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific City
24.3 km away
Pelican Shores Inn
Pelican Shores Inn
#2 of 35 in Lincoln City

Been to Pacific City Inn? Share your experiences!