Hallmark Resort
Comfort Inn Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
USD 115*
USD 145*
AscendHotels
USD 161*
  • Beachfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
USD 121*
La Quinta
USD 131*
USD 149*
Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
USD 173*
USD 156*
Agate Beach Motel(Newport)
USD 127*
2,145 results
All reviewslimited editiongeorgie's restaurantroom serviceoregon coastrestaurant next doorcannon beachtop floorpet areaonsite restaurantgas fireplacegreat viewocean viewgift shopsitting areajacuzzi tuba wonderful staybeach access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights for our anniversary at the Hallmark Resort with our small dog. We were very impressed with the friendly staff and how they not only allow pets but go out of their way to make your pet feel welcome. In the room was a basket with dog treats, a towel for wiping their feet after a romp outside, a pet bedsheet for putting over the bed or sofa, a "frisbee" ring and a couple pooper-scooper bags.

We had a king jacuzzi room, a nice large room with a separate sitting area looking directly out on the ocean, a small balcony, a kitchenette area with refrigerator, microwave and toaster. There were two LCD wall-mounted TVs, a large one above the gas fireplace and a smaller one for viewing from the bed. The king size bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. The room was clean and appeared to have newer carpet. A special surprise awaiting us in the room for our anniversary was a nice touch. Very kind and thoughtful.

We ate lunch next door at Georgie's Restaurant. We read some reviews saying it "looked like a Denny's with dated decor". We didn't feel that way at all. It was bright and cheery and had a fantastic ocean view (like our room). The wait person was friendly and efficient, and the food was EXCELLENT! My wife had crab cakes and I had the 3-piece halibut fish & chips. The fish portions were very large. I could have gotten by ordering the 2-piece fish & chips, but I love halibut so had no problem eating all of it!

We've stayed in many hotel/motels along the Oregon coast over the years and have never found one as welcoming and relaxing at the Hallmark Resort. With their pet-friendly attitude this is the only place we'll stay in future trips to the coast.

Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Ken M, Thank you for the detailed review and for being our guests. We are all very happy to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary with us. Thank you for recognizing our commitment to guest satisfaction, for pets and people alike. We really do appreciate all of your kind words directed to the staff, restaurant and rooms. Thanks again Ken M for making Hallmark, Newport your home base for future trips to the coast. We look forward to treating you to another great weekend soon.

Mike Locke
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is an older beach front hotel. Our room was on the fourth floor next to the lobby (Rm 450). The room was very large and had a small kitchen area and a balcony (great ocean view). The room was clean and maintained but was definitely showing its age. Our only real complaint was that we only had a full size bed (maybe a small queen?) with an old (probably rarely washed) comforter (unlike some hotels that wash all your bed linens between guests - Hampton Inns). We only paid $92 total for one night so felt that overall the hotel was worth the price considering the nice ocean view. Overall I would recommend this hotel if you want a great view, aren't expecting a new hotel, and can get a low rate......otherwise I would find a different property.

1  Thank TotalDisneyFreaks
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

NWTravelerMissouri, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The room you were in (450) is one of our accessible rooms. It does have a different style of queen bed than our other rooms. We use pillow top beds in all of our other rooms but were receiving complaints that those beds were too high in the accessible rooms. At that point we switched to a more standard mattress for all of our accessible rooms. If you need an accessible room and would prefer a pillow top mattress that is certainly something we can make happen on request.
With regards to the aging of the rooms you are correct. We are currently working on plans for a major renovation that will address all of the issue you mentioned. If you would like to stay in a more recently renovated room I would suggest a Limited Edition room as they were most recently redone.

Thank you again for you feedback.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Every room we saw had a great ocean view. Rooms very well designed for comfort and utility. No noise leaking from next door. But the thing that earned my highest esteem was the Hotel's response to travelers in need. A storm had hit forcing us out go our very expensive beach house due to a power outage. The Hallmark not only took us in, but moved some reservations around so we could have adjoining rooms with our children; and they gave us a discounted rate. This is an Hotel that went beyond expectations, but strived to make what could have been a disastrous visit to Newport, a very special visit we will remember forever. We will return to Newport in better times; and we will stay with our good friends at the Hallmark!

Room Tip: Loft rooms are nice, but the adjoining rooms are better for families on different sleeping schedules.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

AZMax86303, Thank you for all of the kind words. I will be sure to pass them on to all of our staff. I am very happy to hear that they made your stay a great one, especially under the circumstances. We will be anxiously awaiting your return.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I live about 10 miles from this hotel and had to stay there for three nights this week because of a major power outage in my area. They were so incredibly awesome! They had a special rate for people who lost power, and even waived the pet fee for my third night. They worked with me in regards to extending my stay each night after I checked to see if power had been restored. I am actually moving about 3 hours away in a week, and if I ever come back to the coast for a visit, I will absolutely be staying here. Not only because of the amazing service I received, but the views from the room were so incredible! AND for those pet owners out there, if you stay on the first floor, you can simply walk out onto the patio and have access to grass right there, and you get a pet basket filled with goodies. This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. I am almost glad I lost power for 3 days so I could discover the Hallmark!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeninator

Jeninator, I thought for sure your sign off would read “I’ll be back” with a Trip Advisor user name of Jeninator. I won’t say we are glad you lost power, but we are glad you discovered Hallmark and we will look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed here last weekend. As usual the view was amazing, room was accomodating and service was friendly. Loved being able to watch the ocean from the balcony or sitting room couch. Very comfortable room!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

rtwalker, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your return visits and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are honored to be on your list of favorites.