“We always enjoy this place for lunch”

Lucky Thai Elephant Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 122 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Tasty Thai food, WONDERFUL cup of coconut-based soup that comes with lunch, reasonable prices and adequate portion sizes. Lots of locals come here.
I enjoy the Penang curry and also the green curry. VERY good peanut sauce and good pad Thai. Great.....now I made myself hungry!!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I don't love Thai food but all of my traveling companions do so we went to the Lucky Thai Elephant while in Newport. I loved the Thai iced tea! The service was excellent and the food was very good.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

When travelling in North America and Europe, we usually find a Thai or Indian restaurant to provide a change in flavor at a reasonable price. Lucky Thain Elephant was close to the Hallmark where we were staying. It fit the bill. I thought my "yellow curry chicken" was very good, my wife thought her "Chicken pad thai" was "just OK." A couple of Singha beers and some Thai food and we were happy Good service. Little atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We ordered a variety of items so friends unfamiliar with Thai food could experiment. The fresh spring roll was enjoyed by all. Green papaya salad also was pretty authentic but powdered dried would be preferable to whole dried ones. Eggplant basil was good but we were surprised by the assortment of vegetables tat were included. Intensifying the seasoning would make it better. The two stir fried dishes lacked seasoning. The mango and sticky rice was good but needed more coconut cream.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Had lunch there today with my family. I got the BBQ pork Thai style and my son doth the fried rice and yellow curry. The food was good and portions were large