“Come back soon!”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 March 2016

We were all looking forward to a great meal at Noodles Cafe, but, alas, they are no more! My grandsons are heartbroken to see it closed.

1  Thank LDModell

Reviewed 19 February 2016

The Noodle Cafe reportedly closed during the 2015/16 winter, indefinitely. It will be missed by many. I haven't heard an explanation. It's a tough business.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Here's the secret to knowing when you have found a great local restaurant. It's not really big and showy, it's clean, the owners are always there, the food is always fresh, and every time you visit the other restaurant owners in the area are there. This restaurant meets all of those requirements.
Order their Basil Shrimp Rolls, the and their Jung Bong" Spicy Seafood Soup (which features the home made noodles) and the
House Special Wok-Tossed Udon noodles for an unprecidented pan-Asian experience with an amazing view of Newport's Yaquina Bay (arguably its most beautiful natural resource).

3  Thank Devonee T
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

We read a lot of good reviews about this place so we decided to give it a try. But when we actually went there, we were very disappointed. We ordered 2 bowls of noodles, a regular ramen and a Cajun style ramen. Both of them came out lukewarm, which was disgusting. The regular ramen has no flavor in it, I have never had such bad ramen. In order to make ramen taste so BAD, it must requires some skills. I traded it with my husband for his Cajun ramen, it was very spicy, but at least there were some flavors. Yuk. The server was a an Asian old woman. She took orders, served food and sent us the bill, but the whole time, there was no smile on her face. She looked so annoyed It reminds me of those female prison guards in old Hong Kong mafia movies. For the entire meal, I didn't dare to ask her for anything in fear of getting yelled at, let alone complaining about the food. Very bad experience here. There are so many good restaurants in Newport, I really regretted choosing this one. Trust me, you deserve way better than this.

1  Thank AmbS_13
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

Sadly, Noodle Cafe is closing as of tonight!!! Rumor is they have lost their lease for this location. Rumor also is they plan to take the winter off, find the right site, and reopen in the spring in either Newport or Corvallis. Fantastic restaurant; a locals' favorite. We will miss you this winter, Lisa!!! Please reopen in Newport!!

9  Thank Chris C