“I keep coming back!”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Portland, OR
“I keep coming back!”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Awesome oceanfront, understated, quiet, cozy. We did a last-minute trip here for winter storm watching. Thought we'd just find another place in Lincoln City, but couldn't do -- we always end up at the Elizabeth Street Inn. Salmon chowder for a late afternoon snack, amazing view, fireplaces, comfortable bed, deck, so relaxing! Also has fridge, microwave, coffeemaker in the room (and coffee in lobby, too). The only thing to note is that they make chocolate chip cookies for guests, about 8 pm, I think. We went to the casino in Lincoln City and out for dinner and they're always gone when we get back! Sad. I would love it if they made a 2nd batch for us "later" nighters. :) We seem to always miss the breakfast, too (6-10 am) because we sleep in and take advantage of the cozy coast.
Pool and amenities were closed for remodeling but it was ok because it was such a fast trip and we hardly ever have time to enjoy that anyway (we don't travel there with the kids).
Also worthy of noting, most restaurants close early in Newport, but there are a few bars and Newport Cafe nearby that are open late and are ok. Thank you, Elizabeth Street Inn, for being our home away from home.

Room Tip: Try to get floors 3-4. Floor 2 is above parking area and one time, we were awoken by a large diesel...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Lela232, General Manager at Elizabeth Street Inn, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Glad to hear you "always end up at the Elizabeth Street Inn". Those kinds of comments always make us happy.

Storm watching is probably my favorite time to watch the oceans fury. It is so amazing to sit in the room and watch it in front of the fireplace, and out of the elements. We get a lot of guests that come specifically in the winter just to see the storms roll in.

Next time you come down let us know if you are heading out in the evening, and we can put a couple of cookies away for you.

We are proud to be your "home away from home".

See you soon!

Lela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed one night with friends, 4 adults and three children in all. We walked in and were able to get a great rate on a "family suite" which was really just two adjoining rooms. But the rooms were immaculately clean, comfortable and very cozy with fireplaces, balconies overlooking the ocean and lighthouse and a comfy sitting area. The kids found something to watch on the flat screen TV and although we didn't use it there was a DVD player in the room and a rental library in the lobby. The served pretty decent chowder in the evening and cookies at night (we missed those). The breakfast room was a little crowded at 9 am on a Sunday morning. We made our waffles but skipped the sorry looking eggs...a little later they brought out fresh ones and we ate some along with sausages and really good biscuits and gravy. All in all a great breakfast that went way beyond a stale muffin, although the coffee left a lot to be desired. I'd definitely recommend this place to a friend and will try to stay here again when in Newport.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cbjebe
The "family suites" are very convenient when there are several people who want to be able to go back and forth between rooms without having to go outside the living area. If you are traveling with your children then they have a TV in their room to watch, and the parents can visit or watch TV on their side, but still be able to monitor the kids.

Thank you for staying with us and for referring us to your friends.

Best regards,

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My mother and I stayed here for our one night on the Oregon coast. Newport was a perfect choice and the Inn is THE place to stay in the city. The rooms are absolutely amazing and we could not believe the amenities that were included in our price-our room had an ocean view (we slept to the sound of waves), fireplace, robes, nice bathroom, and it was large. The hotel offers free secure parking, free salmon chowder, free cookies, and a free breakfast buffet. The beach is very nice and you can easily walk on it and the access route is only a minute away.

• Stayed January 2012
Arizona
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Echoing other reviewers' comments on the hotel itself -- Beautiful rooms, Mesmerizing ocean views, and the free Smoked Salmon Chowder is super yummy...
but I want to take a minute to brag on the staff.
Here is the situation I found myself in on Monday 1/31, I had lost my rental car keys somewhere in the room and could NOT, for the life of me, find them. After listening to my problem and putting in a call for a taxi just in case, the front desk supervisor gathered up a maintenance fella, went up to my room, and tore it apart. YEP! They found the keys, cancelled the taxi, and I made it to my business meeting on time. As I pulled out of the parking area, I was literally tearing up with gratitude. How fabulous is THAT for customer focus????
I don't know when I'm likely to be returning to the Oregon Coast again; but when I do, I sure know where I'm going to stay. Elizabeth Street Inn! :-)

Room Tip: no bad rooms that i could tell -- they are all facing the Pacific.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing this story with us. I had not been made aware of the situation until I read your review. I have always felt we are blessed to have an excellent, accommodating staff, but stories like this really warm my heart! I am so happy that our maintenance person was able to find your keys and lower your stress level! Hope your meeting went well, too.

We will certainly look forward to serving you again if you ever make it back to Newport.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 30 January 2012

It is right on the beach. Every room has a balcony with chairs. The rooms have gas fireplaces and flat screen tvs for stormy evenings. Within walking distance of several restaurants. They serve smoked salmon chowder in the lobby as well as warm cookies in the evening. Your stay includes breakfast, which is less than exciting.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the most recently renovated rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple