“Just Average”

Cuisines: Japanese, Fast food
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I would say that average is the best way to describe our experience. It started out okay they took our order for both food and drinks and left to go fulfill them or at least we thought. People who ordered alcoholic beverages got theirs pretty quickly but whoever ordered sodas or coffee didn't get there till almost 30 minutes later. I will say our cook showed up any timely manner. We have been here before so we knew what to expect but we got fell short. He barely did any jokes and what jokes he did do seemed to be an afterthought. He ended up burning most of the eggs that went into the rice which made the rice taste burnt. He then cut up the vegetables but made the vegetable so large you end up having to cut them yourself which makes it really hard since they don't give you knives. The rest of the meal was okay but again it was quite lackluster from any previous experiences. If I had a recommendation to make it would be just to order the food takeout to not have to deal with a subpar service.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I think you are paying for the atmosphere. The food was bland, very salty and mainly rice. I think it is overpriced for the food and atmosphere is so so. I won’t go back.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

My wife's favorite restaurant and always proud to be served by Chef Taylor, he is a Teppanyaki artist! Good food, good portions, good people.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Interesting place, trying to be Benihanas(sp) but no were near. The hostess, was about as happy as a "dead fish",they are waaaay to slow in service and not attentive to customers needs,like replacing our "rote gut" wine they served. Now the food,that's another story. It had no real taste. They gave you some sort of sauces but never really told you what it was for. The food was very BLAND no flavor,even the sauces didn't work.they give you enough rice to sink a battleship again "blah, veggies not quite cooked enough for al dente,no flavor,greasy. The cook I don't think knew what he was doing. Too bad it could be a gold mine. I must admit there were plenty of people there, but maybe they don't get good food.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We got the only white man cook in the place and he was a lot of fun...a little sarcastic humor and personable...the prepared well with a little entertainment thrown in...Lots of rice...the Filet was good but the Terriyaki Chicken was very good...Prices were reasonable but terribly easy to find...A ways out of the downtown area but worth the 5 minute drive...