“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Went there for lunch. Waitress after seating us and saying nothing came back after 15 minutes to tell us we could not order off menu - only buffet. Buffet had limited vegan/vegetarian options. Food was very salty and vegetables way over cooked to the point of being mushy. Poor service, low quality food, an overall unpleasant experience!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 6 February 2018

I usually go to my favorite Indian Restuarant, Taj, in Ashland; however, I was in Medford for a few hours and thought I'd give India's Kitchen a try. I can cook Indian food better than what was offered. The food was bland, watered down into a soupy mixture instead of a spiced curry. The naans were thin and hard. I always like trying new Indian restaurants and was disappointed in this one. Oh well, now I know.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We used to come here regularly for the lunch buffet, but today was our last time. I don't know if the ownership changed, but it's just not the same. The waitress was young and not attentive to the clients or the buffet today. We usually order a beer but she didn't even ask if we wanted anything to drink. There was no naan on the buffet, and they brought out a few pieces after we asked. Ditto the Tandoori chicken. The butter "chicken" was just a big tray of sauce with no meat in it. At our table, the salt shaker was sticky and the bench had food on it from a previous customer. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I have to say, unfortunately, that my dining experience here was very unpleasant, to the water that had floaties in it, to the clearly previously re-used sauces by other guests that were re-served to us, to the cheap choice of ingredients in the dishes to cut corners on business costs, to the outdated & uncomfortable decor, to the below-par bathroom. I've never had to write such a severely critical restaurant review before, but in this case I felt I must to honestly showcase the pitfalls that I found to be very unacceptable for a public service. I won't be dining here again. The food was no where near anything fantastic of all the dining experience I've had with Indian fare, being a favorite of mine. Cheap frozen vegetable replacements in place of the fresh. And the only welcoming hosts at the restaurant were the young daughters serving the table. The gentleman host failed to showcase this basic principle.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I got the lentil and spinach curry, which was super yummy and comforting, and my mom got the chickpea curry, which was really tasty and spicy. We got our meals a la crate and they still come with hot, fresh naan and a big plate of rice. The chai tea is yummy too!

Date of visit: August 2017