“Worst Place Ever!!”

Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Medford
SANTA BARBARA
“Worst Place Ever!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The title says it all. This place was a disaster. When we arrived, just pulling up to the motel, you could tell it wasn't going to be a place you'd want to stay. The clerk was doing something on the computer (not business related) and sorta asked us if he could help (LIKE IT WAS AN IMPOSITION). When we got our room, the door paint was half flaking off (not a good sign). Then came the room. Very small, old, and most of all moldy and mildew smelling. On top of that was the chemical smell, I assume they used to try and cover up the mildew smell. Unfortunately, I had booked on a no refund price. Nevertheless, we choose to simply forgo the refund and went elsewhere for the night. As an aside, while we were in the parking lot, another couple with a dog (they are one of the few motels to allow pets) parked next to us looking for a room. The wife looked at the place and said to her husband.."never mind, let's keep looking" That's how bad it was, they didn't even get out of the car.

Final words...don't even think of staying there!!!

Room Tip: Get a room anyplace else!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Artgilbert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Moldy smell out ot the AC, Mold in th restroom, worn and word out furniture, worn out beds. The mouldy odor everywhere is the worst, and dangerous to your health. We want to warn every traveller - stay away from this place. Every detail shows, the owner don´t care about the guests and the house. Better sleep in your car than here. We came from San Francisco late in the evening and were too exhausted to drive on, bad luck. Had to sleep with open windows, because of the moldy odor. It was so hot this night, and you could hear the cars from the highway nearby. Outside lights defect, unfriendly personnel, dark and stony parking "backyard", dark rooms, defect bulbs, defect outlets and the breakfast next morning, in a corner, just forget it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Roundtrip2010

Travellers are raving about these Medford hotels

Vancouver
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We were nicely surprised after some of the reviews we read on tripadvisore at how clean and nice this hotel was. It defintiely was good accomodation for the price. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and the staff was friendly. The pool area was also kept clean. Overall a great place to stay on a budget.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenjonesbc
Davis, California
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Place smelled bad. That was the first warning.
Furniture and interiors were all worn... or worn out. Chairs were badly stained.
The security lock had been replaced by a cheap chair lock that was not even properly screwed into the door frame.
The owners clearly don't care about their customers. And Wyndham (the parent of the Travelodge chain) is clearly not enforcing minimum quality standards with their franchise holders.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BRuke1
Portland
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My daughter and I booked through priceline, which is a whole other story. I checked in early and the room wasn't ready, understandable.I got the key and the room number.I let the clerk know that some friends of ours checked out earlier because they didn't feel safe and the place was filthy and that if I looked at the room and decided it wouldn't work I wanted a refund and she said no problem. The clerk said to come back at 1:30 and I could pull around to the side and go in that door. So at 1:30 I came back and pulled around to the side. First thing I see is this guy dumpster diving, the parking lot has broken ground lighting in the dirt flower beds there were beer bottles, half empty coffee containers, cat food cans backing up to the freeway. I go in and the door jam is broken, but that is hard to see because the lighting is so bad you can barely see. I open the door to the room and my shoes are sticking to the carpet. I think not good. I pulled the chair out to sit my purse down to open the curtains and there were stains and rips all over it. The fridge had a broken leg wasn't working and was falling over. The bed was a king and had a permenant slope in the middle of it. At that point I went and picked up my daughter from her event and we tried to check out and they would not refund our money. The clerk said I had to call priceline. After talking o PRICELINE and being put on hold 4 times getting disconnected and talking to the manager who gives me this Well you got a good deal and I'm barely making anything on this. I explained to him that in the lon run it will end up costing him and priceline alot more than $55. I handed the phone back to the clerk who was very nice and said I will just let my credit card company deal with this. So here I am and if you give your credit card number out be sure you can get your refund if the hotel is dirty or unsafe. We ended up going to the Motel 6 next door and it was very clean and less expensive.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family