Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,105 results
All reviews front desk ocean view beach access private balcony gas fireplace beach front oceanfront room king bed coffee maker room was clean and comfortable get away mermaid pits casino sand microwave couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2020

Best thing is the view, no elevator , Old, poor service, very weak Wi FI, when we mentioned it, was told, must be us, they didnt have an issue. Seriously couldnt open an email for three days. Called to ask for fresh towels, got an attitude over that, not a warm place to be. Wont be back.

Room tip: Second or third floor
Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Sharon C
Courtney Centeno, Other at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

We are so sad to hear about the issues you had during your stay. Comments like this are not taken lightly as we are always trying to make sure our guests have a pleasant and memorable experience. Please reach out to me when you get a moment as I would like to discuss your stay further.

Courtney Centeno
541-994-2191
ccenteno@surftideshotel.com

Reviewed 23 September 2020

My husband and I along with our children have been coming to Surftides for approximately 30 years, at least twice a year or more. Although previous years have been wonderful, this past year or two since the new owner/manager has arrived and
specifically this visit has brought me to this review.
Let me begin by saying the room was fairly clean, the pillows fantastic and the bed soft. The hotel is very old, needs new paint, screens and someone to really care.
I booked our reservations about two to three months ago.
I was emailed the confirmation Immediately as I had all the years prior. The confirmation included the “Total Price” which never had a breakdown in pricing but always included my 10% return customer discount along with their 10% lodging tax.
Upon a day prior to our arrival, I was emailed another confirmation of our upcoming stay, this one included a “Total Price” of approximately 10% more than my original reservation, again with no breakdown in pricing. Just another 10% added. I waited to discuss this discrepancy when we were scheduled to arrive.
Upon arrival we were met by a nice young man, one I had never seen before. I explained to him the discrepancy in pricing and after his review he was able to see it as well and went to grab the manager Courtney. I proceeded to explain to her the price switch and went to show her the original confirmation as well as the one they had sent to me a day prior to arrival. She wouldn’t even review them and wouldn’t have any part in discussing it. She simply said that the increase was the price and that was it. The nice young man asked if we should proceed with check in and given the fact that it was my husband and I’s 27th Wedding Anniversary and had we cancelled at that moment, we wouldn’t have had a place to stay after just traveling 500 miles to get there. I was in complete shock!

I proceeded to contact the actual new owner Jennifer in hopes of reconciling this issue. I emailed her both copies of my confirmations and explained the LACK of customer service and professionalism her manager displayed only to receive the same treatment from her!
My original price was not honored due to their bait and switch pricing. It’s unfortunate that this business was willing to sacrifice such loyal customers for this.
I can only imagine how much extra revenue they are generating by this fraudulent activity.
Be extremely aware of this practice by this business and review all documents.
As a fellow business owner, manager and patron, take this advice and DO NOT STAY here. Do yourself a favor and walk a half mile down the street to their competitor hotels where actually care about their customers.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Courtney Centeno, Other at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2020

Ms. Wells,

Thank you for the feedback as we take them greatly into account. You shared with me that you enjoyed the pillows and bed in the room; let me know if you would like the name of the product or if I can assist you with a purchase. We apologize for the confusion regarding your rate. When you booked your reservation your confirmation letter did not have the 11% state and local tax included. In our system, I did not see a rate change, and I am happy to send you back up on this. When you emailed your confirmation letter and pre arrival letter to our ownership, (Jennifer with the Cho Family that have owned the property for 50+ years), we then sent you the breakdown in price to further explain the difference in price, to which you agreed to. We have also changed the coding for our confirmation letter to include the taxes to avoid any confusions going forward to make sure this never happens again. Ownership and I also wanted to thank you for personally coming in and apologizing for the confusion, as it was thoughtful. It is guests like you whom we enjoy hosting. Thank you again for the review, and we hope you stay safe and take care.

Reviewed 24 August 2020

This was a great stay. We were a little worried when we got there, place looked kind of old and no cars there. Our room was not ready, so they upgraded us. The front desk was great and friendly. Room was clean and cute! And good sized! Only down side was walls are a little thin, heard the neighbor kid fall out of bed at 2:00 in the morning. Beach is right there and convenient, it really was a great stay, we will go back.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Lisa W
Courtney Centeno, Other at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2020

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed your room and location of the hotel. We can't wait for you to stay with us again!

Reviewed 11 August 2020

I made a reservation 5 weeks before the trip. For some reason, hotel staff waited for 3.5 weeks before reviewing the number of reservations in their hand and they canceled ours days before the trip. I am seeing that hotel is open those days. Why our booking was canceled but other reservations not? Why they waited 3.5 weeks to make any action? I didn't get any explanations or apology. They could review reservations daily and cancel it them right away before waiting for weeks. Now we have just days left and our alternatives are way more expensive at this time. Stay away from this hotel at all costs.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Baha D
Courtney Centeno, General Manager at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2020

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your beach getaway, I apologize that we had to cancel your reservation on short notice. It should have been more clearly conveyed to you during the cancellation process that the reason for cancelling was not due to an overbooking that had been overlooked for weeks, but was due to the need to close more than 65 rooms here on the property. We have found that maintaining all 140+ rooms to the level we consider to be necessary during these times, is not doable with our current staffing levels. We felt it was safer for our guests and staff both, to close those rooms and focus on making sure the remainder of our rooms were cleaned in a manner that was satisfactory and did not put anyone at risk. We are hopeful that in the near future we will be able to hire and train additional staff and we will be able to accommodate all future reservations. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and we hope you will be able to visit us in the future when circumstances are different.

Reviewed 7 August 2020

Our family booked Room 216 and overall was happy with it. It is right next to the beach access stairway, the balcony overlooks the beach on one side and has the fire pits just outside the door. The room was considered a King Suite with a bedroom with a king bed and the main room with another king bed and a futon. The amenities were ok, this is an older hotel so its not fancy but with kids was fine. The main problem was the coffee maker; the first didn't have all the parts, the second one was "mismatched" from the carafe to the actual body, the third was a k-cup style and wouldn't pump the water :-(. We found the front desk to be courteous and responsive when needing extra towels, etc. The convenience was excellent and the hotel met our needs but wasn't fancy.

Date of stay: July 2020