“Flyby Honeymoon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Gresham, Oregon
“Flyby Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

This hotel was amazing for the price as well as their service. The room we stayed in was a single king and had a view of the "D" river. The bed was super comfortable almost more comfortable than home :) We were just looking for a place to crash for the night as we drove through on our way to the southern coast. We weren't looking for anything fancy just a place to sleep. They gave us a great rate and were very nice at the front desk. They have a small continental breakfast as well in the morning. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for someone who would be spending a lot of time in the room but if your only going to be there to sleep this is the place!

2 Thank Jarvis0811

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

I booked a room for 2 days and had confirmation and also called to confirmed, I was told everything was okay, I got there stayed 1 night and was told the next morning that I had to leave because I didn't have reservations. After they checked my confirmation they said they see what they could do, well one of the staff came back and said someone cancelled the last day of my reservation and they gave my room to someone else, I was told they didn't have any rooms available,but they offered me a free room if I came back some time in the future. I was screwed because every place booked. After looking around I finally found a place and had to pay double.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Perth, Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed here based on review on a few sites - how wrong they were. The place has a dated feel to it and while the staff were friendly they always seemed uninterested. The room was in need of a makeover and smelled of smoke. We both woke up feeling as if we hadn't slept properly - by far the worst night sleep we had on our 13 day road trip. Don't waste your money - book somewhere else.

3 Thank zathras777
Beaverton, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

First off they didn't have the rooms I had been offered when I got there. So I decided not to stay there later I find that they charged me. Then I met Carl, the manager, who has no sense of customer service, he was very rude and hung-up on me.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
LincolnCityInn, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
The guest had reserved the room and came to check in. When they did, they stated that their reserved room was not oceanfront and so did not want it any longer. They told us that they were under the impression that our property was 5 feet away from the beach and demanded a full refund.

We offer ocean view and lake view rooms. We have never advertised or claimed that we have an oceanfront property. So, when they told us that we sold them the room under that false pretense, we at the Lincoln City Inn can positively state that we did not do so.

Our 48-hour cancellation policy is always stated when making reservations, and we charge $15 for each room that is cancelled within that period. We tried to accommodate these guests with an ocean view, upper floor room, but they declined because it was not an oceanfront room. We also do not hang up on any of our guests.
Gresham, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

The first thoughts that pop in to my mind when I think about this hotel are, great location, good prices, mediocre room. Let me break it down:

The location is pretty outstanding. It is right along the D river and across the street from the beach. We stayed on the second floor (dog friendly floor) and had a view of the ocean. It is nice to be able to walk across the street and be on the beach without having to find a place to park.

Prices are good for the quality of room/location. At the time they had a midweek special for 59.95 a night going and only an additional 10.00 fee for your dogs.

The rooms are probably where this hotel lacks a little. Let me start by saying do not stay here if you are looking for luxury. Stay here if you are looking for a economical room, yet has a view, and you plan on being out of room more than you plan on being in it. The paint is chipped in some areas, carpet has stains, DVD player skips with the smallest of blemishes on the DVD, TV is small, and the patios are those ones that you can just put your feet on. I will say the shower heads were at a nice height, our room did have a microwave and fridge, and the king bed was very comfortable.

Overall I would say stay here if you plan on being on the beach or out on the town and only plan on using the room to sleep. For the luxurious traveler this place is not for you.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is dog friendly... keep that in mind when booking