7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
Agoda.comUSD 132
Hotels.comUSD 132
PricelineUSD 132
Expedia.comUSD 132
TravelocityUSD 132
Orbitz.comUSD 132
All reviews hot tub on the deck starfish manor rose petals flights of stairs partial view private deck corner room gas fireplace closer to the beach get away our honeymoon romance package overlooking the ocean beach access great room no elevator opened the door
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2021

My husband & I have stayed here before for our anniversary, this is our 4th year, and this was the most disappointed we have been. I asked for a clean robe after the one placed in the room had blood on it, we never received the xtra toilet paper I asked for. The shower was tiny and not in the bathroom. There was no extra blanket. We had no hot water. We were put in a suite and had to pay a lot of money for it even though we were never asked. I tried to tell the assistant manager my concerns and all she told me to do was review in TripAdvisor. It makes me question about returning. I paid a lot of money for this trip and nobody cared about our disappointment or concerns.

1  Thank bperez716
Dianna D, Owner at Beachfront Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2021

Hello bperez716,

Thank you for your review! It was my pleasure to meet you at your departure as well as listen to your concerns, I am glad we reached a resolution for your concerns though see it wasn't mentioned in this review. I am so very sorry there was small stain on your robe upon arrival, I agree, that is completely unacceptable and we have spoken with our laundry department about such. In regards to the additional amenities requested, we are not always able to deliver items as prompt as requested but welcome guests to come to the lobby to pick up whenever convenient for them. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the suite layout and additional amenities desired such as an extra blanket. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you will decide to visit us once again!!

Reviewed 26 January 2021 via mobile

I love this hotel, well starfish manor specifically. The beachfront manor was okay. Beds weren’t great, room by the stairs was LOUD, didn't help to get much sleep, overall an okay stay here, worked for just needing a bed and shower for a night. We checked in late so the parking was a semi nightmare, not very many spaces it seemed like so we had to walk a bit. The staff was great though! Each person I encountered was very pleasant and helpful. Last time I stayed at Nelscott manor and I would definitely recommend that over beachfront, at least with the experiences I had.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dianna D, Owner at Beachfront Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2021

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

Highly disappointed for the amount of money I spent. I took my girlfriend for her birthday and I wanted to surprise her on our arrival with balloons and flowers that I paid for. Once we arrived to the room the balloons and flowers were not there... then the hot tub didn't look clean. Everyone's first impression is the bathroom and it's unfortunate the amount of money you spend and you got into a bathroom full of dry rot and the tub is dirty. I couldn't check in a little early so they could clean well the carpet had a candy in the rug so it's not like they cleaned it anyways. Pretty sad my girlfriend didn't feel safe enough to use the hot tub with not being able to shower because the shower being filthy.. so essentially was a wasted trip

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tonedogg90

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! We do not offer flower bouquets nor balloons as a purchasable extra so perhaps that pertains to a local vendor not being able to fulfill? However, we sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced as well as not being able to accommodate your early check in request. I will be investigating this promptly and bringing your comments to the attention of entire staff. We strive to provide the most exceptional and romantic accommodations possible and it's clear we failed you in that. We do hope you will choose to visit us again so we may show you how wonderful we really can be!

Reviewed 9 January 2021

I stayed with my boyfriend in Surfside Room 101

Pros:
Stunning view
Easy access to the beach from the room
Big jetted tub

Cons:
No breakfast or cafe on premises

Thin walls, a lot of noise from above and sides

The Surfside rooms are right by stairs that everyone uses to access the beach, so really no privacy if you are in one of those. We had our deck chairs taken off our "balcony" (anyone who uses the beach entrance can access it, it is not private at all) which was frustrating.

Bed and pillows were uncomfortable

Tv reception isn't great

A LOT of stairs to get to the room, especially while carrying luggage

Compact parking area is really crowded with larger trucks and suvs and hard to navigate even with a smaller car

Really bad ventilation, super stuffy in the room and we felt uncomfortable leaving the door/windows open due to the privacy issue.

Overall I don't think this was worth $600 as there were a lot of small frustrations that I've not had with other, FAR cheaper establishments. They seem to be banking on the hot tub/jacuzzi niche while everything else is really mediocre and it was very noticeable that they lacked basic amenities that other, cheaper hotels have, such as air conditioning, elevators to get to higher/lower levels, breakfast, etc.

It is worth mentioning that Every staff member I came in contact with was very nice.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank nwillhit

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review and candid comments. It seems as though this specific room type just wasn't a good match. We have over 15 other rooms types that would feature less stairs, private balconies, etc. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to be your accommodations, perhaps in a different room type, so you can find the suite that best fits what you're looking for! Guest Services Agents are standing by to assist you in finding your perfect fit in room type should you decide to visit us again.

Reviewed 8 January 2021 via mobile

The hotel is right on the beach with private access. We stayed in one of the suites with a private hot tub on our patio and even though it was very rainy it was nice to sit in the hot tub and watch the waves, the patio was enclosed enough the rain was not an issue. The bathroom is very small but we are just there for a night so it wasn't really a big issue for us. There's plenty of places to eat and little shops very close by. Over all it was a great stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again soon!