17 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
PricelineUSD 221
Hotels.comUSD 221
Expedia.comUSD 221
FindHotelUSD 221
TravelocityUSD 221
CheapTicketsUSD 221
1,228 results
All reviews rose petals jacuzzi tub romantic getaway pacific suite double shower bella suite our honeymoon get away oregon coast romance package year anniversary overlooking the ocean beautiful room beach access private balcony great view gas fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

I had heard that the Starfish was a very romantic getaway. We were not disappointed! The room, with the Jacuzzi tubs overlooking the ocean, the gas fireplace, and the awesome couch made for an incredibly restful experience. We will definitely come back here again and again and again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dianna D, Owner at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2021

Thank you for your wonderful review! We sincerely appreciate your wonderful review and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

The shining light here is a woman named “Lovetea” who was exceptionally pleasant and helpful making our reservation. Unfortunately, that’s as far as it goes.

We showed up at 1PM on the off chance that, on a Monday, the room might be ready knowing that we had requested an early check in. The room wasn’t ready and that was fine. We went and grabbed lunch and came back at 4PM.

We’ve been around the world and have never been treated as poorly as we were by the “Guest Services Lead,” Megan. Megan Is quite possibly the most offensive person we have ever encountered upon check-in at any property. Check in time was 4PM and, knowing we arrived in town early, the room still wasn’t available until AFTER 4PM. Others were checking in without incident, but our room still wasn’t ready.

When we voiced our displeasure with the situation and treatment we were receiving, Megan asked if we still wanted to stay there knowing full well that the room was paid for in advance. She was encouraging a paid guest to go elsewhere.

The room was great and we had a hot tub on the balcony, oceanfront. Unfortunately, Megan ruined the experience and we simply cannot support a place who trains and/or hires staff who treat their guests with such malice. There are plenty of other options available and we will be sure to pass along our experience to friends, family and reviewers. Also the room wasn’t entirely cleaned. There was dirty laundry and a used napkin on the floor by the bed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dianna D, Owner at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2021

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback about your experience. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your interactions with Lovetie as she is a newer associate and delights in knowing she had a positive impact on your stay. In regards to your interactions with one of our Guest Services Leads as well as our Check In Policies, I'd love to provide some additional information. While we are always happy to take requests of early check ins, we do not guarantee we will be able to grant that request. Our check in does begin at 4:00 pm as listed on the Pre Arrival Email and Confirmations letters sent. After observing you scream profanities at our Guest Services Agents as well as into the parking lot at 3:58 pm so loudly, I could hear on the 3rd floor, I spoke with the Guest Services desk to see why you were so upset, to which they explained your concerns. Your suite was then ready at 3:59 pm and you were checked in at 4:02 pm. I advised Megan to offer a full refund for your stay as it was clear you were already extremely unhappy. In regards to other guests checking before you, we have over 25 different room types and we only have 4 suites of the room type you selected, where as we have 60 rooms of a different room type, which explains why we were able to accommodate those guests early check in requests. Furthermore, while there may be other hotels in the area that feature an ocean view, we are the only hotel on the Oregon Coast that features outdoor hot tubs on your own private balcony, such as in the suite you reserved. We must mention that verbally abusing or swearing at our associates in not acceptable and if continued, we will no longer be able to be your accommodations. However, we understand you were frustrated by our inability to guarantee your request as well as your displeasure in Guest Services offered. We accept this as a learning opportunity and appreciate your feedback in how we can improve.

Reviewed 24 February 2021

We stayed in the 2 bedroom pacific suite with the hot tub on the deck. This was our second stay, but first since end of construction. Worth every penny! Rooms were comfortable and wonderful staff at the counter! There is no housekeeping daily service due to Covid but the staff were very accommodating with towels and any other needs.

Room tip: The suites are worth it if you want to splurge. The Pacific or Belle are great!
Date of stay: February 2021

Thank you for your wonderful 5/5 star review! We can't wait to see you next! :)

Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

If I could give zero I would first of all of paying over 200.00 a night and Covid I would expect the room to be clean in the bathroom found foot prints on the door and urine on the under part of toilet seat when lifted up
No towels in room asked for them received 2 we had to go get asked for a cleaner/sanitizer to actually clean the hot tub and bathroom our self after all it is a Hotel and should of been done correctly multiple people stay in this room day after day.
We were told they could not access products than at that point I asked how they clean/sanitize the lobby and front counter etc...... told well !!!! We have cleaner ultimately we had to go buy our own when trying to discuss this with the Assistant Manager was told very rudely I could talk to her boss that’s why she had “assistant” on her name tag. Horrible experience no Offers or corrective customer service will never be staying here again..

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! I sincerely appreciate your review and comments about your stay. It was my pleasure to meet you at your departure. We agree that cleanliness levels should be at a high level which we always do our best to provide. It is against our protocol/policies to release commercial chemicals to guests to clean for your safety. I was happy to see when we initially received your complaint, we sent a team member up to clean those issues for you. During our correspondence the morning of your departure, I observed there was some issues with your stay and asked for further details about your experience to which you stated you were upper management yourself and only wished to correspond with the General Manager, not the Assistant General Manger. I wish I had the opportunity to provide you solutions at check out and am so deeply apologetic you felt my customer service was anything less than exceptional. We strive every day to provide the best Guest Services imaginable and agree it is unacceptable to provide anything else. I really hope you will choose to return so we may have the chance to show you how wonderful we really can be!

Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

I loved our room! How it had our robes, rose petals , and the yummy chocolates. The view was amazing and the privacy was great. I’m definitely booking again. Great last minute booking too! It was a steal

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful 5/5 star review! We can't wait to see you next! :)