“A great place for lunch, check out the new art”
Review of Blackfish Cafe

Blackfish Cafe
Ranked #9 of 116 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Business meetings brought me to lunch at the Blackfish Cafe twice in the past week, and I am happy to report the service, food and ambiance continue to impress me and my guests. I tried the roasted vegetable sandwich yesterday, and it was delicious and loaded with flavor (although I was jealous of my neighbor, who had a beautiful Caesar salad with salmon). Last week, I tried the cheeseburger, which arrived on time, cooked perfectly and the perfect amount of seasoning for me. The service was friendly, helpful and efficient, although we missed seeing Linda at the front desk.
And, I really like the new art installation: bright, modern, Miro-inspired paintings that made the Blackfish Cafe feel like a museum cafe. Very cool!

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,232)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We are local, hubby and myself, so we know where the good food is in Lincoln city.
This is the place...these folks know how to create a sauce that works perfectly with the rest of your entree..Portions are perfect, I often take some home..always hot always good. The help is friendly . We go there often..never once have we been disappointed about anything there. Many of our friends also choose this restaurant for their dinners
out. You can't go wrong at the blackfish <3

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Every time I try something new at the Blackfish Cafe, it challenges my courage and is rewarding. I never had anything on my Blackfish Cafe Cesear salad before because it is the best Cesear I have ever had. They use some grated cheese that is unique, at least with the four graters I have at home, I can't replicate it, it is has a unique size and texture that I find both outstanding and intriguing. Last week I had the Cesear with the grilled Salmon on it and it was heavenly. So man different textures, temperatures and flavors mixed in various bites, it was heavenly and I will probably go back this week.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We went in for some casual lunch. I tried to order a crab cake sandwich and fiancé ordered black fish burger. Waitress asked cook if we were still out of crab cakes, they were. I think she should of told me, when ordering that was still a possibility. So instead I ordered the shrimp sandwich. We also ordered a bowl of Chowder to share.
The chowder was decent. Seemed loaded with clams and more.
But our meal....
My shrimp sandwich was dry. The bread broke apart and when tasted it tasted a freezer. Previously frozen. The shrimp was drowned in mayo with some unknown sauce flavor. It was just not good. It would crumble and all fall on each bite I ate less the. Half. It was served with condiments that were old and not fresh, onion had green lining from to close to core. Pickle wedge was dry and dark in the middle. It was old!It was served with hand cut potato chips that were way too done and all brown not a good choice I think I’d rather have lays.
Her burger was suppose to medium, but it was more well done. Her exact bun was dry and crumble and Previously frozen as well. Condiments as well or dried out and not fresh and sorry since when can you put a pickle wedge on your burger anyway? It was served with a small amount of fries there was no question for either one of us if we wanted fries or chips as a side item.
For the price, we expected fresh food.
Will not return wish we would of went to subway even.
And staring at old broken tables and furniture in front of me, eye sore...:(

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018

My daughter and I shared a very special birthday dinner here during a weekend in Lincoln City. The food was tasty and enjoyable but our service was phenomenal from everyone. I had a terrible cold so I'm not commenting much on food taste. My daughter tells me it was very good. Our server took our order for cocktails. She asked the bartender for a suggestion and brought me a lovely hot toddy. The atmosphere is simple and not fancy. Our favorite item of the night was the chef made version of the "Ding Dong" cake. YUM!

1  Thank Terri R