Lowest prices for your stay
USD 122
Free cancellation until 29/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 121
Free cancellation until 29/04/21
ZenHotels.com
USD 104
PricelineUSD 122
Hotels.comUSD 121
Agoda.comUSD 122
All reviews the chinook winds casino yogurt parking lot get away shuttle fireplace rates refrigerator coast roomy pets
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2020

We booked this hotel on a whim for a quick overnight getaway to get a change of scenery and for it's proximity to a beach that seemed like it would be less busy. We arrived right at 3pm to check in and there was a bit of a wait, but they have signs marked to remind people to social distance and they provide a bag of paper cups for water and coffee (avail in lobby). Front Desk Staff were very nice and apologetic for the wait.

We were given a double queen room on 4th floor (very close to elevator, but didn't seem to notice noise from it). Hotel seemed busy, so there was usually a wait for the elevator and not everyone respected one party per elevator (although not posted, just a personal preference). Masks are required when outside your room, but I witnessed several people either not wearing properly or not at all and several people would put them on when stepping out of elevator, so I was a bit anxious about riding the elevator after that.

Hotel is a short drive to Roads End Recreation Site, which has a parking lot and restroom and a nice big wide beach. It was busy, but there was plenty of room to spread out except when walking down the slight trail to the beach.

Double Queen room has modern touches - sink is just inside the door (not in bathroom). We noticed dust or sugar or something on the table just inside the door and after getting home I realized how dirty the carpet was based on how dirty my boys' socks were. So, could definitely use a more thorough cleaning.

Room got really warm at night despite trying to adjust A/C - it just wasn't keeping the room cool. A woman was walking around the 4th floor knocking on doors between 8:30-9pm and knocked on our door twice and then saying she had the wrong room. I called the front desk and they said they would take care of it and it didn't happen again that I heard. Walls are still pretty thin, as is the case with most hotels - we could hear people talking loudly in the hallway and the TV from a room somewhere nearby.

Hotel is also close to Safeway and several little restaurants. We tried take out from The Pub Fish & Chips and it was good, although they were busy on a Saturday evening).

Breakfast is available downstairs - grab and go (yogurt, granola bar, oatmeal packets, individual cereal boxes, packaged muffins) options laid out nicely for people to grab and put in a bag or you can choose hot options that they serve for take out back to your room. Hot options were not the best quality (egg omelet with processed cheese, potatoes, biscuit & gravy, and microwaveable bacon). I don't believe you can eat in the lobby, although one couple was apparently given permission by a staff member, despite another staff member telling them they could not.
The next morning we noticed police activity at the hotel and what appeared to be the escorting out of some people who may have taken up residency. Due to the police cars and this party's car, we could not leave the property right when we wanted to and had to wait in our car for about 15 minutes before being able to drive out.

Overall, was nice to get out of town for a change of scenery and nice that we found availability on such short notice, but not sure was worth the $230 - especially due to some of the clientele of the hotel.

Room tip: 4th floor so nobody above you
Date of stay: October 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2020

Hello orduck01,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel.

Complete guest satisfaction is our topmost priority and it looks like your recent stay leaves something to be desired. I'm sorry to learn about the inadequate upkeep and the insufficient soundproofing of the room made you uneasy. It's with regret to know your discomfort due to the unwanted temperature of the room. Ensuring our guests and colleagues' health is our topmost priority and we appreciate you letting us know about your observation with some of the guests that weren't wearing masks. I brought this up to our hotel management's attention and involved department. Rest assured that all you've highlighted will be work on, especially reinforcing safety guidelines.

We appreciate you choosing us for your overnight getaway. I hope you'll come to visit us again and we'll do our best to make your next stay as exceptional as possible it can be.

Stay safe,

Jomar M.

Reviewed 6 September 2020

Traveled there for business. We will not ever be using this hotel again. The hotel is not kept up and had multiple maintenance concerns and they also treat guests like liars when concerns are brought up. Management is a joke and has no customer service skills and the employees are nice but worn down. Sad to see a hotel going down such a bad path. I won't even bring up the problems we had with reservations saying one thing then management turning around and saying "we would not say that" even though it was repeated to multiple people in my company.

The frustration of this reservation, being treated like a liar, and the maintenance concern makes it so that my people and I will never stay here again and make me question ever staying in a Holiday Inn again.

Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2020

Hello BureauofBaubles,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We always try our best to make sure that our service is world-class, and I am sorry to learn that the level of service received was below par. I am also sad that the overall maintenance of the rooms fell below your expectations.

I have shared your comments with the hotel management. I am confident that the steps taken will avoid similar issues from reoccurring in the future. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you give our hotel another try!

Best regards,

Dianne L.

Reviewed 9 August 2020 via mobile

At first glance the room is perfect. As you start moving about the room and try to get comfortable small things start to become visible.
1. The shower and toilet. The area these were put into is TINY. This is the only area you can change clothes with any privacy. Trying to turn around in that room is nearly impossible. With the size of the suite there was plenty of room to expand this tiny area.

2. A suite to me implies a closed off bedroom. The bed is not closed off but open to the rest if the room. No privacy at all.

3. The coffee/microwave/refrigerator area. There is no light to see what you are doing there and way to close to the door.

4. Though the room has a modern feel the chairs are extremely uncomfortable to sit and watch TV in.

The room has a great number of outlets and usb ports for charging.
The room darkening shades are fantastic.

The walls and ceiling are super thin. Get a top floor if you can.
The elevator was broke the entire time we were there and our room was right next to the stairwell. You could hear every footstep on the stairs. This was very inconvenient and led to poor sleep.

The location is great. Minutes to the beach or casino by car or walking.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Katt H
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2020

Hello Katt H,

Thanks for the stay and feedback. I am happy that our location worked for your travel needs. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear about the bathroom layout, the poor acoustics, the condition of the elevator and that some parts of the room gave a negative impression. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with management for review to make necessary actions to address these concerns.

I hope you give us a chance to host you again in the future.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

My wife and I have been coming here for years but the last few we stayed elsewhere as it was aging quickly.
It’s now a Holiday Inn with a 100% remodel and the place is great! We will be back again. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff was great.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
libertymanager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Hello Hpaterson,
Thank you for the wonderful review & kind words!
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 January 2020 via mobile

I called and checked to see that I could check in an hour and half early. The front desk agent was friendly upgraded me to a suit for free. The hotel is now run by holiday inn express and was renovated. All electronics were new and clean. LED flat scree tv on a swivel mount. The food was ok, but for free u can’t complain. The fire place was nice at night on the rainy coast nights. The hotel even allows pets so our pug could come on the family get away. They have poo bags and a fenced in pet area. Location is close to the Casio/ safeway. The Casio even has a shuttle direct to the hotel. In the winter the prices were great.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Sellards_007,
Thank you for the wonderful review!