Lowest prices for your stay
USD 159
USD 154
Hotels.com
USD 154
TravelocityUSD 154
CheapTicketsUSD 154
Orbitz.comUSD 154
All reviews knick knacks sitting room nautical decor gathering area s mores dvd library family reunion hidden treasure wood paneling coffee maker fire pit cabin kitsch bedroom driveway sink couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2020

Felt very at-home in a wonderful suite on the second floor overlooking an outdoor gathering area. Welcome amenities were fun and delicious. Wonderful way to spend our 27th wedding anniversary. Mid-century kitsch without chintz. Looking for an excuse to return with friends.

Room tip: Rooms are all unique. Try a variety on multiple trips.
Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 10 September 2020

Stayed over Labor Day weekend in Cabin #11. The cabins have direct access from the outside courtyard, no interior hallway, so good for Covid if you’re worried about common interior spaces. Big comfy bed, great in-room Roku for easy streaming with your own subscription (Netflix, Hulu, etc), a Keurig, and a tasty s’mores kit. Very clean, cute decor. Cabin #11 has no window in the bedroom (there is a window in the bathroom) which ultimately wasn’t so bad, just enhanced the feeling of being on a ship. There is a fun amenities room with DVDs, board games, tea/coffee, coin-op laundry, and sticks for roasting s’mores. Very large courtyard with a great wood burning fire pit, as well as a covered porch with nice rocking chairs to relax in. Fun music played throughout the day in the courtyard. You can hear road noise from Highway 101 during the day, but it’s not bad. Didn’t notice road noise at night. Great wooded area in rear with another fire pit. Long-ish walk to the beach, but doable. Property is under new ownership and still undergoing renovations but nothing noticeable. There currently are no interior gathering spaces as of yet (lobby, lounge, etc…) but looks like there will be soon. Excited to see what they do with the property. Fun place, with a good vibe. Will stay again.

Room tip: Cabin rooms have direct access to the courtyard, so no interior common spaces
Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 1 September 2020

We just left and wow. This is a hidden treasure for sure and I’m sad I haven’t stayed earlier. First and foremost the cleanliness, there were no weird smells or nasty random stains. I am very sensitive to mold and mildew and there was no hint of it here. While this place is covered with wood paneling and has the old feel to it management has taken care of this place and everything was in great condition. Sad times the bedroom room didn’t have a door since we had kids, but oh wells. The tv is apps to use versus tv which we liked. There’s a big selection of dvds for free in the area you can also grab additional needed toiletries. While they left a super cute smore pack, there’s 2 fire pits available. One in the jungle backyard (which my kids loved exploring) and one in the courtyard. You gotta claim dibs earlier on the courtyard one if you want to use it though. The fire pit in the jungle area has wood for you to use, bring a lighter. The wind is less back there too. This place is near the beach, but it takes like 5-10min walking there depending on how fast you are. We had little kiddos next door (toddler and baby) and didn’t hear a peep, these walls are well insulated. The bathroom is a love hate. The shower is small, you can get that from other pictures but I didn’t realize how small. I don’t wash my hair everyday because of type and products required, there was absolutely no way to maneuver in this shower without getting my hair wet. Bring a shower cap ladies if you don’t want your hair wet! You can also see the toilet is close to the wall, not a problem for us, but I could see this being difficult for bigger hips. The towel rack you need to be careful around. I hit my arm right on the metal corner standing up from a bend, luckily I have a gray scale tattoo there or else I would have a huge bruise for everyone to see. Rounded corners are nice too:D The property is so darn cute for a romantic getaway or for a family trip. I was so pleasantly surprised here, we’ll be staying next weekend too! This is a no contact check in. You will need to download an app to use Bluetooth to enter your room. I would have both adults download and share the app at check in. My husband and I didn’t expect to be away from each other on this trip, but it happened, and he had the app while I didn’t. Last but not least don’t forget to read signs when you arrive. There’s a false entry off the main road and a sign that tells you to turn right at the next entry, but if you’re in a rush you won’t see it. There’s no room to turn around, you must back up on a busy road. Signal ahead of time and read the signs!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this stay on a very rainy, windy Valentines weekend. We weren’t here for the holiday, just a coincidence. Lovely welcome basket & V-Day growler from a local restaurant. Room was very clean, nautical decor. Very comfortable beds. Area with small refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, table settings and bath robes. Before I read the recent reviews (family reunion) I was thinking this place would be a lot of fun in the summer with a group of friends or family. Staff is hospitable, attentive, kind. Main building has 24/7 sweets & hot beverages, books and dvds, porch with gas fire pitt - cozy. There’s a courtyard & long path to the beach.

I would prefer a sitting room with one bed (queen) in the bedroom but I don’t know if there is an option. Toilet needed plunging once and there was a plunger handy! Just FYI, shower only with a step up to bathroom. Heater wasn’t working and it was promptly fixed. TV is live-streams only. WiFi isn’t great.

I would stay here again. Something about it. It’s got a 60’s70’s/Jimmy Buffet vibe!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2020

The new owners have rooms open for guests. My family had a very pleasant stay in one.

The new owners are bringing their own personal touches while staying true to the theme and atmosphere that so many people have enjoyed over the years. The quaint nautical charm remains while the updates are aimed at bringing people together for a memorable experience. Our room had custom artwork on the light switch plates and ceiling lights made to look like boat steering wheels. In the evening my husband and daughter chose to rest in the room, but I spent several hours with a group of other visitors around a fire in the central garden. If I had arrived earlier, I could have also joined in the game of corn hole.

My husband is very sensitive to noise while sleeping. We were pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was. Despite being on the highway, there was little to no road noise.

The mattress and pillows were more comfortable than the average hotel experience. The mattress had no lumps and was soft enough for me yet firm enough for my husband. The pillows had the rare combination of being soft enough to not make my ear hurt but firm enough to support and keep my head from tipping down.

When arriving it is best to be aware of two things: where to park and how to get your room key. First, where to park: the driveway that Google will direct you to isn't the best choice. The next driveway south is where you need to be. There are signs, bust be sure to watch for them rather than putting full trust in Google. Second, the room key: no one knows what the future holds but for now a reception person is not on-site full time. To provide guest arrival flexibility, keys are available in lock boxes. The day before you will receive an email with key retrieval instructions (they're super simple).

The new owners have many exciting plans...wine bar, event venue, mineral soaking pool, etc. I'm excited to see the evolution.

Date of stay: February 2020