“aleja and Ted's adventures” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnolia Inn

Magnolia Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Telluride, Colorado
“aleja and Ted's adventures”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was a very nice place to spend the evening. Clean, well kept, quaint, cozy and charming. Centrally located to walk into town, go out to dinner or hike and bike. This area of Oregon is a pleasure to see. We went to a few wineries before and after arrival since they are located close by.

Room Tip: We had the Helen room and it was quiet with an extra lounging room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Morgan Hill, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

By far the best place to stay in Jacksonville, Oregon is the Magnolia Inn. This is my fifth time to stay at the Magnolia Inn and as always the rooms are beautiful and charming. The five Ya-Ya's get together once a year and stay at the Magnolia Inn and what a treat. Robert and Susan made our stay magical. And of course, I have to mention Abby their dog greeter who is part of the Magnolia family. Between the morning and afternoon treats from Susan's kitchen and the chocolates from Harry and David's you can't go wrong. We've booked our trip for next year and can't wait. Sending hugs and lots of love to you all.

Pam - PHAAF (Princess Hot as a Firecracker)

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable, charming and roomy
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Carlsbad, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The owners of the Magnolia Inn are very friendly and accomdating. The inn has been meticolously restored. Our room was very comfortable for us and even had a separate bedroom for our teenage daughter. Jacksonville is such a quaint town. We really enjoyed our short stay there and hope to return soon. And, we'll definitely stay at the Magnolia Inn in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Crescent City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We had an amazing time at the Magnolia Inn! Robert and Susan were so hospitable, they really made our stay so special. Our room was really charming and comfortable. They knew it was my birthday and they had chilled champagne and chocolates waiting for us on our arrival. We loved that the Magnolia Inn was just a minutes walk from the downtown area. We will certainly be back and we highly recommend this to anyone else.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My room was lovely, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. I liked the blue colors and nautical theme, including the shells and bottles of sands in different shades from various locations. It felt relaxing and I walked to breakfast in my bare feet. My sister adored her room with the butterfly motif and appealing view out the window, telling me she never wants to stay anywhere else in the area, even more so because they are pet-friendly. Each room is appointed with a different theme and we arrived before other scheduled guests, so we were able to poke our heads inside to admire them. The Jacksonville Review (a local newspaper), Southern Oregon Magazine, and two specialty chocolates surprised us when we entered the our rooms. The inn is conveniently located within blocks of restaurants, quaint shops, and historic sites in Jacksonville, as well as the local grocery store. It was also near our reason for visiting - Segway of Jacksonville - to learn to ride Segways and go on their fun tour of historic Jacksonville.

I didn't try the gourmet coffees and teas, but I was delighted to be able to have hot chocolate before going to bed. There were several varieties of tasty fresh pastries from local bakeries, as advertised, but I preferred the daily treats that Susan made. I enjoyed having fresh fruit for breakfast on the covered second-floor veranda; it felt peaceful. When planning our stay, I was pleased that they also had two of my favorites, oatmeal and yogurt, as breakfast options, but the fruit looked so tempting that I filled up on it in the mornings, which included watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, and strawberries. I appreciated the convenience of a refrigerator, microwave, and toaster in the guest kitchen, as well as the instant hot water. I was tempted by the popcorn in the nostalgic popcorn machine cart while I was waiting in the downstairs sitting room, but reluctantly chose to forgo it because I was about to go to dinner.

There were books, videos, and games on shelves in the second floor hallway to borrow if one desired. The free wifi was a strong connection and was not slow like some places I have been. At the top of the stairs, there was a chess table with two chairs set up for guests' enjoyment. There were a variety of outdoor seating possibilities, some in covered areas, some not, so you could enjoy the outdoors even if you wanted to avoid rain or direct sun.

The hosts / owners were friendly and helpful, their dog Abby behind the front counter was delightfully welcoming while also well-behaved, and all the guests I encountered were affable, making for a very positive, friendly atmosphere. We loved the place. We will return.

Room Tip: Look at the photos of the rooms on their website.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
7.9 km away
Hampton Inn Medford
#3 of 35 in Medford
0.7 km away
Country House Inns Jacksonville

Been to Magnolia Inn? Share your experiences!