“Excellent Fresh Pasta”

The Naughty Noodle
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Short of making my own pasta, this is the best reasonably priced fresh pasta I've found. The sauce and pasta combinations are many and you should be able to find something you like. The ambiance is cafe/diner and pleasant. It is a small place and can be noisy at times. We arrived just after a party of 8 placed their orders and our wait was really long, more than 30 minutes. But, we had wine and a friend we hadn't seen in a long time so we were able to catch up before our dinners arrived. Other times we've gone the wait has been much shorter. As others have said, it is a small operation and large parties set the kitchen back a bit. It's the luck of the draw. A couple that came in about half an hour after we did, received thier order about five minutes after we did, a much shorter wait time. Very modestly priced and worth a stop. They are obviously doing something right. Restaurants tend to fail quickly in this town if they are not. We've lived here for 40 years and seen many come and go. We hope the Naughty Noodle will be around for a good long time.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My husband and I decided to have dinner at a new restaurant (to us) because it has gluten free pasta. I didn't have expectations of the elegant offerings but we had a scrumptious meal and we loved the discussions we had with the waitress and chef. The flavors in the food were astonishing. I think I said, "this is so good!" with every bite. If you are gluten free spoil yourself a little. Enjoy the manicotti or any of the other menu items can be made gluten free. My husband loved his spaghetti. This restaurant is for anyone. Not just those who need gluten free. We can go to the Brew restaurant two doors down where they also serve meals prepared by the Naughty Noodle.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

We were with a party of 8 our first visit and we learned that the chef has a 4-burner stove for preparing menu items, and is able to prepare 4 plates at one time. As the first four in our party were served, the remaining 4 to be served did not seem impatient as the ambiance and company were sufficient to enjoy the experience in this charming and unique cafe.

Reservations are recommended as the seating is limited.

Excellent and personal service, tasty wine and dessert choices, too. My Gorgonzola Chicken Alfredo with dried cranberries was outstanding!

The cafe is located on the historic main street in this quiet city on the banks of the Willamette River. It was our plan to attend a movie after dinner, so we parked in the Independence Cinema parking lot short blocks away from the Naughty Noodle. Consider arriving early for your reservation to allow for some time to browse the local shops and art gallery, all within easy walking distance, too.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Four of us went for dinner and were impressed beyond our already high expectations based on other's raves. All meals are $14 and include a delicious salad, crispy and fresh. We all had manicotti of different kinds, all were superb with a divine homemade marinara sauce on 3 and Alfredo on the 4th. The crepes were outstanding and nearly paper thin. The wine choices were limited but lovely. The ambience was nothing special but in view of the food, who cares?

If you show up with a party of 8, for heaven's sakes, out of consideration make a reservation. This is a one-woman show!

I live in Salem and have recommended this restaurant many times since my visit and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

You must come to this restaurant!! I seldom use the word "decadent" but must use it here!! And that is for the pasta!! It is worth the drive to this beautiful historic town just to eat here. Must must must. You will be absolutely blown away!!!