All reviewsriver viewgreat hotelthe columbia gorgeroad noisecomplimentary breakfastwaterfront parkwalk in showerthe entire staffthe breakfast areapool and hot tublocation is excellentworkout roomdefinitely stay here againwafflesclean roomsthe staff was friendly and helpfulkite surfers
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I never thought I’d consider giving this caliber of hotel this high of a review, let alone feeling almost apologetic about not giving a 5 star review.

My wife and I went there for an abbreviated spring break skiing trip. We love the town, and now we love this place too. $119 for mid week. Included a lovely king room and breakfast.

The breakfast was better than I would have expected. The room was great, spotless, clean, lovingly maintained. The chaise was super comfy and the bed was nearly perfect. Nice linens and toiletries and a nice big shower. Great tv and furniture.

I could tell that the staff was working hard to make sure they had on offer anything I might need. Complimentary water for Hilton honors guests at check in, afternoon complimentary beer and wine! Five star service at a great price.

The only reason I can’t say 5 stars was because that’s not what this place was about. No valet parking for example but frankly that’s not something I would have wanted, so for what I really was looking for, this place was perfect.

For all the Hamptons and their competition across the US that I have visited this location provided the best experience I’ve had. And I have stayed at many. And as the waterfront shops build up a little more it will only get even better.

Thank you to a great staff!

Stayed: April 2018
Tim P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for staying with us Patrick! I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay during spring break. It is great to hear that our hotel and staff exceeded expectations during your visit and thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I hope we have the pleasure to host your family again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is a fairly new hotel in the area. It was very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. However, our room faced the parking lot and was very loud. All night you could here traffic noise from the interstate. Obviously they know it's a problem as there was also a pair of earplugs on the nightstand by the bed. Yes, I'd stay here again, but I'd request a room away from the interstate.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dkntravel
Franziska W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our property and that your stay was very comfortable and the staff were friendly. Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the interstate noise, and we are so glad to hear that you will be staying with us again next time you're in the Hood River area. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Clean friendly hotel with breakfast, nice rooms, close to many different activities. We really enjoyed our stay and our son really enjoyed the pool! Our room had a great view of the river, was clean and the bathroom was one of the best we have had in a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It's also great to hear that your son really enjoyed the pool and that the complimentary breakfast in the morning was good as well. Thank you so much for writing a review, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in the Hood River area!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My wife and I recently stayed at Hampton for a conference last Saturday. The stay was for only one night but I wish it could have been for a week. First off the size and layout of the rooms is perfect. They were nicely decorated, the bed was beyond comfortable, the bathroom was nice and the heat worked super quickly. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The free breakfast was good too, it was about the same as you would get at similarly priced hotels. And while this hotel was one of the higher priced ones we found in Hood River, I definitely would not hesitate to say it is also the best in that town and well worth every cent. We really enjoyed the stay so much that we might go back occasionally simply as a regular weekend get away from time-to-time. Thanks for the great place Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so thrilled to hear that you and your wife had a fantastic stay with us and that you loved the nicely decorated room and that the bed was very comfortable. We are happy to hear that the staff were extremely helpful and courteous and that the breakfast was good as well. We are so happy to hear that you loved your stay so much that you will be coming on a more regular basis! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The staff was extremely helpful in suggesting activities and restaurants. The location was lovely on the river and very quiet. Easy walk to downtown shopping and restaurants. New feature was a manager's wine reception featuring local wineries.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent stay with us, Joan! We are so happy to hear that the staff were extremely helpful and suggested activities around the area and restaurants. We're also glad that you enjoyed our location and that it was very nice and quiet, and that the wine reception featuring local wines was a hit. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in the area!