All reviews master suite other guests walk in shower common areas are hash browns wet bar gracious hosts beautiful house deer bnb della
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I have to say that I was disappointed with the odor and cat presence in the home. Not sure how many cats live here but on both days the cats left #2’s on the floor. The house smelled of cat urine and one of the rooms I stepped into was sadly so strong that I held my breath. My room was so so regarding the smell , but I kept the door closed and locked to prevent cats coming in.

Minus the cats, the house and rooms where clean. Towels where clean. Bed was fine. Breakfast was slightly burnt bacon, scramble eggs, and packaged frozen hash browns. Coffee was okay, but not amazing. Overall, the breakfast was similar to a cheap eats diner.

I hope the owners make improvements. Suggest finding another place if you can’t stand old cat piss smell.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Vacation12345640470
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Della and Virgil are an infirm, elderly couple who rent out rooms in their very large house. We stayed in the largest room, which was huge with a nice view (although Mount Scott itself was blocked by the across-the-street neighbors' trees). I'll talk about the positive things shortly, but I must first point out that this house stinks! The owners have a number of cats and the house reeks of cat pee. They run numerous box fans 24/7 throughout the house, I guess to try to cope with the smell. Fortunately, the smell was not nearly as strong in our room (which came equipped with three fans).

The common areas were tidy and seemed to be pretty clean (though the decor was dated -- early 90s-ish). The "wet bar" advertised was about 3' x 5' with a few bottles of wine available, as well as sodas, potato chips and crackers. You could see into the dining room and den, however (not part of the common areas), which were very cluttered.

When we arrived, Della made a point of asking what we'd like for breakfast, so my husband requested scrambled eggs and hash browns, and I asked for oatmeal. He said his eggs were fine, but the hash browns were nothing but a frozen patty of pre-packaged "hash browns." My oatmeal was so salty I couldn't eat it.

Our king bed was not comfortable. It had a super-soft mattress cover and sagged in the middle. There was a large TV in the bedroom (which we didn't use) and one in the sitting room, which had some sort of defect that showed up when the TV was on (a thin band across the bottom of the screen and a vertical band down the far right side).

The house was very warm when we arrived, and we had to ask to turn on the AC. The second night, we came back late and the AC was off (so we just turned it on).

Positives: Our room was huge with an equally huge sitting room and bathroom. The bathroom was fantastic, with lots and lots of nice towels, big terry-cloth robes, wine glasses, and a small fridge stocked with some sodas and water. The rooms were very clean. The location was fine for us, as we had a car and the B&B is close to I-205. Della was very friendly and tried to be as accommodating as she could, but she is on oxygen and I think running a B&B is just beyond her and Virgil. And the coffee was about the best home-brewed coffee I've ever had.

Room Tip: Front suite is large with a very large bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank shjones99
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This is a very nice BnB in a quiet neighborhood. Della and her husband are very sweet and accommodating.The room was very large and nicely decorated. The towels and linens are very high quality and you can tell the owners care about pleasing their guests. There is a small frig with many types of drinks that you can take at any time. The dining area faces their huge backyard property full of beautiful trees and grassy area.The breakfasts was tasty and a lovely table was set up. It was a very nice stay!

Room Tip: Large room in front of the house with great view of the mountains was great.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

First of all, we decided not to stay here. The photos of the Master Suite looked great, so we booked a couple of nights. Two days after receiving a confirmation, we got an email that the Master Suite was not available, but a much smaller room was available. We were very glad that we stopped by to look at it prior to checking in. The outside was very unkempt. The inside is simply a large private home with bedrooms that they rent out. It does not look or feel like a bed and breakfast. It is in a residential neighborhood. The owner's personal items were everywhere. We decided not to stay and found a nearby hotel that had everything we needed

Room Tip: The Master Suite seems to be the only large room. Others looked like traditional bedrooms with private baths.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Douglas H
Reviewed 5 July 2017

My husband and I normally stay in the city but really needed to just check out a place that has nature... We were not disappointed and were able to see (and feed) deer, rabbits, squirrel 's, birds, cats and even saw a hummingbird!
Our room was huge as was out bathroom ! Our bed was heaven and the breakfast was amazing each morning. We were blessed to have met a lovely couple from the East coast and sit and have a great visit over breakfast.

Room Tip: We stayed in the largest room and loved it!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple