All reviews master suite other guests walk in shower common areas are hash browns wet bar gracious hosts beautiful house deer bnb della
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Beautiful house, room and surrounding area. Deer, birds and squirrels come right to the back patio (and like to have their picture taken). Very gracious hosts received us with a home-made pie, drove us to the light-rail station every day and to the train station the last day, and even gave me a brand new scarf when they saw I wasn’t warm enough for the weather. Superb breakfast and interesting co-guests.

Tip: An Uber from the airport is cheaper than other options.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 27 June 2017

It is secluded and there are all sorts of Animals. So, if your wanting a City Oriented BnB within walking distance of shops without animals. Do not stay here.

If you want to feel at home in a big old manor house and to be able to wander down and get comped snacks at anytime, with cats to pet. This is the place.

I will stay here again. As I was more comfortable and at less cost than any hotel I've been in in recent memory.

Master Suite is very large with a Walk In Shower, that is bigger than my Bathroom.

Room Tip: The End Suites are best.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NandSWineDriver
Reviewed 24 June 2017

This is a pretty area away from the city, en route to the Gorge or mountains, but there is nothing convenient or special about staying here. The house is large with nice woodsy views and private baths. Room decor is a bit dated, and the bed overly soft and squeaky but it was clean. We would have appreciated a box of tissue and an extra chair over the Japanese dolls. The common areas are unattended and have a bit of cat pee odor. While the elderly owner would like for guests to feel at home and drink wine she provides, it doesn't feel very comfortable in a dated room piled with laundry. Breakfast is a large cooked one served in the friendly kitchen, but not available until after 9AM which was way too late for our schedule each day. We generally like B&B arrangements and meeting other guests, but this one is missing the mark.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Marta G
Reviewed 19 April 2017

My daughter and I stayed here when my son got married and Della and her husband were amazing.
Della made my daughter pancakes that where even lactose free.
They were the best blueberry pancakes I have ever had!!

The place was clean, the bed very comfortable, and very peaceful
There is lots of birds, squirrels and deer

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

This B & B is nothing more than a big house in suburban Portland with a few suites that the owners rent out. The owners themselves live in the house. Although they are perfectly nice people, they are quite elderly and it is questionable whether they have the wherewithal to run a B & B properly. Overall, the place felt run down.

The house is located in a hilly residential area. There is nothing within walking distance, besides other houses. When we entered the house, the first thing we noticed is the foul odor. We were shown around the house, then to our room. Luckily, the odor in the room was not as strong (but still present). During our stay, we determined that the odor was probably a combination of cigarette smoke, cats, and cooking grease. Yes, the owners have several cats, so please be aware of this if you have any allergies.

Our room was big, but felt old and dated. The bathroom door did not close properly and scraped against the floor. It had most of the amenities of a standard hotel room, including a portable heater, but no AC (luckily, we didn't need it).

The owner put some effort into the breakfast. There was a lot of food available.

Overall, I would not stay here again. There are cleaner, more comfortable places in Portland, closer to the centre, where you will likely pay less.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple