All reviews redwood trees water features beautiful landscaping rooms are large pool and hot tub stay in grants pass nice setting street noise love this place great place to stay the room was nice home away from home visiting family road trip cookies the river motel
Reviewed 13 October 2012

One of the nicest motel rooms I have EVER had and the price was astoundingly low. My room was quite large and had recently been renovated with no expense spared. The furniture was beautiful, the bathroom vanity was wall to wall with two sinks, a beautiful granite top and a tile floor. The bed was very comfortable and I had a flat screen television. The motel grounds are beautifully landscaped and well maintained. I didn't want to leave and will definitely return.

Room tip: Ask for a renovated room.....some in my group had the older rooms and were amazed when I took them on a tour of my room.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ingr6
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Wow, I was distinctly underwhelmed with this establishment. Although one can see they're trying to upgrade to a more 'boutique' feel for the place, they are missing the mark a tad. The Wi-Fi is awful! If you want to access they're business computer, there are charges to print pages from their printer. Who does this anymore? Crazy!

The rooms are fair. The bathrooms are smallish and slightly dangerous. There's nothing in the tub area to prevent slipping. So, while they're clean, they should put in some sort of mat so you don't have a fall while showering.

Although they say they're pet friendly, they're not thrilled with dogs. There are all sorts of very stern warnings about what will happen if your dog displeases them in any way. The gravel yard is not best suited for dog walking. They should just say they don't want dogs and be done with it.

There are no good restaurants within walking distance.

Room tip: Don't use the pet friendly rooms if you want internet access.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RedwoodMotel, Owner at Redwood Hyperion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

We regret that on occasion we fail to meet our goals and the expectations of our guests. In these events, we encourage guests to accept an alternate room or upgrade to compensate for any dissatisfaction. We also take to heart constructive criticism that encourages us to do better. As a result of this review a modification is planned for the specific room to make it more accommodating, an expansive lawn area has been opened to pets, pet deposits have been eliminated, and we no longer charge for basic office supplies. We will maintain strict pet rules for the safety of our guests while offering the best lodging with pet facilities in the Rogue Valley. We stand behind that commitment to all who come to experience Southern Oregon hospitality at its best.

Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here while traveling on business. I didn't have time to experience the saltwater pool, but wish I would have. The staff was very friendly and I felt well-taken care of.
The rooms were beautiful and the bed was extremely comfortable.
The breakfast was ok..typical continental fare.
All in all, I would choose this property again.

1  Thank bkrcitytravlr22
Reviewed 14 September 2012

When staying Grants Pass the Redwood Motel is a must. Well appointed rooms with easy access. Your able to park directly in front of your room. The staff is very helpful insuring that your stay is a memorable one. Great recomendations on dinning and other attractions in the area. We have stayed here several times and each experience is exceptional. Not to mention the beautiful grounds.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2012

As other posters have commented "motel" in this case only means you get to park right in front of your room!! Which is quite convenient for taking in luggage to this SUPER spacious king room with all the extra's you could ask for. Clean and comfy! Super nice staff, free computer in lobby, breakfast is basic but goo for taking with you when you hit the road early! I even used the laundry it was so clean and convenient!

• Trip type: Travelled solo