“Not Impressed”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Grants Pass
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed 13 December 2017

We decided to stop at this hotel on our way through and I wish we didn't. I know it was the day after Thanksgiving weekend but it was Sunday night around 5:30 and our room was not ready. They did upgrade us "wasn't much of an upgrade" but when we got in the room I immediately saw what I thought was dog poop. It turned out to be food but then I couldn't get over the smell of dog pee. It was so bad my husband who doesn't smell anything couldn't handle it. We let them know and the night staff was very apologetic and asked us to talk to the manager in the morning. I did but wish I hadn't. She was not very pleasant and basically said you booked through a third party so I can't do anything for you and handed me a coupon. Her attitude made it worse. Never will go back. I was very nice about the situation but the manager made me feel like I was a complainer and that was not the case at all.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Rebecca M

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Friendly and efficient front desk staff, inviting lobby, nice breakfast selection, but the room I stayed in needed the hand of maintenance staff to rise to the standards of the rest of the hotel. Although I used Elite points for this stay, I felt as though the overall value was below my normal experience with this hotel chain.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The hotel was very clean, the room was spacious and the bed was perfect for this tired traveler. The hotel staff was professional, friendly and helpful. Breakfast menu was complete and tasty. I would definitely stay there if there occcasion presented itself.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017

They did a major remodel outside and really needed to update the rooms. We have stayed here on and off for years and experience the neglect of the rooms. The mattress in room 118 has a deep hole on the left side it sags like an old lady The carpet was filthy, and there was dog urine that had run down the door frame into the bathroom, my little dog alerted us to the nasty smell as well. I took pictures and cant seem to upload them. the bathroom had an open bottle of shampoo and appeared not have been cleaned. The sheets were like sand paper, if you moved you were bound to get skin rubbed off. The noise is beyond horrible, I wont describe the elephant residing upstairs from us, no doubt had previous complaints as they had been there for awhile and apparently took up bowling in the room. The only positive is the desk clerk who was so amazing, helpful, and always professional and with a smile. The breakfast was better than a five star restaurant, coffee 24 hours a day, and love the ice cold lemon water.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Very nice room clean, traffic noise,maybe if you were on the other side of motel it would be better, staff very nice, real nice pool area and open 24 hours, nice breakfast, but they do have pet rooms and some of the pets come in the breakfast room.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple