“For the location the Value was Excellent”
other travellers have booked this property
living room kitchen
Master Bedroom downstairs
bath
Old Town/Wharf events
Heceta Light House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
WhereToRe...
Montana
“For the location the Value was Excellent”
Reviewed 6 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

We were looking for a house/beach rental that just two people could afford. With the off season rates it was definitely something we could afford. It did have a second floor that could clearly accommodate more folks, but we found everything we needed for the two of us on the first floor.

It was a block and half from the beach. It was on a dead end/no outlet road, so not much traffic. There was a partial view of the beach looking north off the deck.

We ate all breakfasts and dinners in, and found what we needed in kitchen wares, that we needed to do cooking.

The house was clean when we arrived. Being a fussy one about the bathroom it was immaculate.

We enjoyed the quiet neighborhood, many visits to the beach, sitting on the deck and relaxing in the evening in the living room.

We traveled with a dog, and the owner put out covers for the furniture for our dog, though he is of the non-shedding variety and slept in a crate. It all worked well for us.

The house had an atmosphere be able to relax enjoy yourself.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Walking distance to the beach - a block and half.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers People with pets
Leoyak
Florence, Oregon
“A wonderful place to stay.”
Reviewed 8 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

We really enjoyed the four days we spent at this beach house. It was rustic and cozy and just a fantastic place to relax and enjoy the beach. Access to the beach was a short walk down the road and you could see the ocean from the upper and lower decks. The kitchen was stocked with everything we needed to prepare our own meals, including a full-sized coffee pot and Keurig. The kids were happy that there were TVs in every room and the adults were happy that there was wireless. I can't wait to stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The rustic atmosphere.
Liked least: I couldn't stay longer
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
lisa3wa
Snoqualmie, Washington
“In Florence, look no further!”
Reviewed 7 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband, myself, and our three young girls stayed at Sea Watch for four nights and had a very nice time. Easily booked it and solely communicated via email with the owner, who responded very quickly each time. Pretty private, quiet neighborhood, with easy beach access just down around the bend. (Neat sand dunes there, but super windy!) Easy to get to the highway, and just a few minutes from Old Town Florence. Lots of natural light and nice views, especially from upper deck. I tend to be pretty picky when it comes to staying in new places, but let me tell you, this home was VERY clean, and truly was nicely updated. Very cozy; I wouldn't recommend it for more than five people, personally, but this also meant there was less to clean before we left! And the description does mention the spiral staircase, but let me warn those 200+ lbs., it can be a tight fit width-wise, too! :( The beds are all very comfortable, although I would recommend bringing your own pillows. Kitchen, bathroom, and laundry are all great. Be sure and wear shoes on the deck outside, splinters are possible.

If I was a single person and looking to spend some quality alone time with my laptop and espresso maker in front of a fireplace, I would rent this place during the winter months in a heartbeat! Alas, I will have to wait 'til we make it down to Florence again, if ever we do. And, yes, for the money it is a really good value. ;)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Charming cottage feel, lots of light, very clean
Liked least: Flat bed pillows upstairs; older linens and comforters also upstairs
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
12 Sep 2014
I was delighted with the way these people left the house. Sometimes children aren't as wonderful at taking care of things. I do have 5 brand new pillows in the downstairs, bedroom closet. They are still in plastic and are of varying degrees of comfort styles, but perhaps they hated to use them or didn't notice. Great guests
tootall13
“Decent beach house with a few quirks...”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Our stay began by searching for the beach house. It was difficult to see the address from the road, so we had to drive by a few times. We walked into the beach house, and found a very distinctive smell. Not bad, not good, just very strong. After we got used to it, it was tolerable. It was clean overall, (bathroom was very clean) but sand was everywhere, and a wadded up dollar bill and receipt on the floor in the upstairs bedroom. And the upstairs bedroom has clown figurines EVERYWHERE, be aware of that if they freak you out. There is also a nice washer and dryer there, so we were able to do some laundry. The sheets that were left for us to use to make up the beds were clean, but stained. The master bedroom had some sort of pads (I'm suspecting pee pads) under the mattress protector. They were some what wadded up and bumpy, so we removed them. The bathroom was very clean and well maintained. The fridge and kitchen were clean, but the fridge smelled like fish. The overall furnishings of the house were cozy and typical beach house. The spiral staircase should be used with extreme caution, especially if you are over 5'5 (I'm 6'2) and banged my head on it a few times. It's also very slick, so don't wear socks. I always put on tennis shoes before going upstairs.
We were having a nice time relaxing in the living room one afternoon when all of a sudden, a young woman (maybe late teens) and young man barged in the front door, looked us over, looked around the house and asked if we were renting the house. We said yes and asked if we could help them with something. They said no, that this was their grandmothers house and they were told to meet her here. We explained that their grandmother was not here. She looked around again and said "I guess I'll see you around". I understand mistakes happen, and that the owner (who is very nice and had just underwent surgery a few weeks prior) miscommunicated to her family to meet here at the beach house. But my family and I are very private people to begin with, a member of our party has a heart condition, and that barge in through the front door left her heart racing. So much so that we had to cancel our dinner plans so she could rest and try to get her heart rate lowered.
The house is located in easy driving distance to the city centre, and old town, which provided for some good shopping and restaurants. The beach here is not a place to go sit and relax. It's an incredibly windy ( and sandy!), cold area.

Overall the house was good, as it was cheaper than any decent hotels around. We probably won't be back to Florence, as we saw pretty much all it had to offer in just a few days. If you're looking for a clean, very very basic house, this is it.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
4 Aug 2014
Wow, I guess this was supposed to be a positive response, but I never want someone to feel they've had good accomodations because it is cheaper than others. My house is small, but updated and normally clean. We had several interactions with Kelley and never heard anything but good. She even gave my husband a gift for me. I'm sorry she felt it wasn't a great stay. My granddaughter did pop in on them by mistake, but just went in and left when they told her she was renting. I called the guest and she seemed fine and said they just wanted to make sure the kids didn't have keys. She certainly didn't mention it had scared someone so badly they couldn't eat. We do try to get rid of all the sand, as well as any other dirt or whatever from prior guests. Sorry she experience something different. We do clean fridges so like she said it was clean, and take special care with bathrooms too. Pad on bed is special gel pad from Costco to help insure a good nights rest. I do appreciate feedback, but ask people to notify us immediately if there is an issue we can take care of. We are right here, and again, talked to her several times. Spiral stairs are disclosed ahead of time. Not good if elderly are expected to go upstairs and need to watch small children. I even caution those who have small children before they rent. Clowns, sorry, they are high quality Emmett Kelly clowns. Smells, not good, not bad,, just not sure?? Again, make every effort to make sure it is a very nice stay, not just an inexpensive one.
Carla K
Edmonton, Canada
“Out of the way.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The cabin was serviceable. If you're looking for seclusion it would be great.
It was not perfect for us because it was too far out from the main town of Florence. It wasn't walking distance to anything except the beach.
The bed in the master bedroom was not comfortable.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
12 Aug 2014
The bed in the master has a fairly expensive Gel pad on it, rather than just the memory foam things. Costco regularly sells out of them. Most people love them. Yes, this is a beach house, not downtown. Downtown is not on the beach. I think on most site where it asks I state that a car is necessary. It is about mile and a half from closest shopping center and about 3 miles from general town area and about 4 from old town on the wharf.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing