“Decent beach house with a few quirks...”
other traveller has booked this property
living room kitchen
Master Bedroom downstairs
bath
Old Town/Wharf events
Heceta Light House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 19 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
tootall13
“Decent beach house with a few quirks...”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Our stay began by searching for the beach house. It was difficult to see the address from the road, so we had to drive by a few times. We walked into the beach house, and found a very distinctive smell. Not bad, not good, just very strong. After we got used to it, it was tolerable. It was clean overall, (bathroom was very clean) but sand was everywhere, and a wadded up dollar bill and receipt on the floor in the upstairs bedroom. And the upstairs bedroom has clown figurines EVERYWHERE, be aware of that if they freak you out. There is also a nice washer and dryer there, so we were able to do some laundry. The sheets that were left for us to use to make up the beds were clean, but stained. The master bedroom had some sort of pads (I'm suspecting pee pads) under the mattress protector. They were some what wadded up and bumpy, so we removed them. The bathroom was very clean and well maintained. The fridge and kitchen were clean, but the fridge smelled like fish. The overall furnishings of the house were cozy and typical beach house. The spiral staircase should be used with extreme caution, especially if you are over 5'5 (I'm 6'2) and banged my head on it a few times. It's also very slick, so don't wear socks. I always put on tennis shoes before going upstairs.
We were having a nice time relaxing in the living room one afternoon when all of a sudden, a young woman (maybe late teens) and young man barged in the front door, looked us over, looked around the house and asked if we were renting the house. We said yes and asked if we could help them with something. They said no, that this was their grandmothers house and they were told to meet her here. We explained that their grandmother was not here. She looked around again and said "I guess I'll see you around". I understand mistakes happen, and that the owner (who is very nice and had just underwent surgery a few weeks prior) miscommunicated to her family to meet here at the beach house. But my family and I are very private people to begin with, a member of our party has a heart condition, and that barge in through the front door left her heart racing. So much so that we had to cancel our dinner plans so she could rest and try to get her heart rate lowered.
The house is located in easy driving distance to the city centre, and old town, which provided for some good shopping and restaurants. The beach here is not a place to go sit and relax. It's an incredibly windy ( and sandy!), cold area.

Overall the house was good, as it was cheaper than any decent hotels around. We probably won't be back to Florence, as we saw pretty much all it had to offer in just a few days. If you're looking for a clean, very very basic house, this is it.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
4 Aug 2014
Wow, I guess this was supposed to be a positive response, but I never want someone to feel they've had good accomodations because it is cheaper than others. My house is small, but updated and normally clean. We had several interactions with Kelley and never heard anything but good. She even gave my husband a gift for me. I'm sorry she felt it wasn't a great stay. My granddaughter did pop in on them by mistake, but just went in and left when they told her she was renting. I called the guest and she seemed fine and said they just wanted to make sure the kids didn't have keys. She certainly didn't mention it had scared someone so badly they couldn't eat. We do try to get rid of all the sand, as well as any other dirt or whatever from prior guests. Sorry she experience something different. We do clean fridges so like she said it was clean, and take special care with bathrooms too. Pad on bed is special gel pad from Costco to help insure a good nights rest. I do appreciate feedback, but ask people to notify us immediately if there is an issue we can take care of. We are right here, and again, talked to her several times. Spiral stairs are disclosed ahead of time. Not good if elderly are expected to go upstairs and need to watch small children. I even caution those who have small children before they rent. Clowns, sorry, they are high quality Emmett Kelly clowns. Smells, not good, not bad,, just not sure?? Again, make every effort to make sure it is a very nice stay, not just an inexpensive one.
21Carla
Edmonton, Canada
“Out of the way.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The cabin was serviceable. If you're looking for seclusion it would be great.
It was not perfect for us because it was too far out from the main town of Florence. It wasn't walking distance to anything except the beach.
The bed in the master bedroom was not comfortable.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
12 Aug 2014
The bed in the master has a fairly expensive Gel pad on it, rather than just the memory foam things. Costco regularly sells out of them. Most people love them. Yes, this is a beach house, not downtown. Downtown is not on the beach. I think on most site where it asks I state that a car is necessary. It is about mile and a half from closest shopping center and about 3 miles from general town area and about 4 from old town on the wharf.
Saif H
“cozy home in florence”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

The home is cozy and comfortable. Comes with full kitchen. Close to the beach, just a short walk, its in a quiet residential neighborhood. The rental process is a bit complicated. I found out later that the neighbour and cleaning person spy on you and report back to the manager of the property. The manager was recovering from a medical event so all our interactions were electronic. The bedroom downstairs is very comfortable. The loft has a double and two single beds. The matress on the double bed was sleep by number. This matress was broken so two of the kids slept on the hide a bed couch in the living room.The manager apologized and has offered us a nice dinner ticket if we return to the area. Aving one bathroom for six people got trick specially in the morning but we were vaccationong and managed. You can see the ocean from the upstaris balcony. The deck is spacious and ives extra eating space.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: value
Liked least: neighbors and cleaning person spying
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 Jul 2014
I appreciate this person's nice review. He had registered 4 guests and from his review he admits 6. When I asked him about it, because the cleaning lady said there were more, he said no, only what he had registered ( which was not true). I did not charge him the fee for not paying for the additional guest, and gave him his full refund.. but it is not necessarily spying, but have had times where someone registers 4 or 5 and I have 2 families there, and of course they have chosen to not pay for them. It is because of guests who register one amount and then have more come.. that people let me know when there are extra guests. I have had medical problems, and additional surgeries, but have great help and hopefully that doesn't take away from a nice vacation.
cjf4801
Montesano, Wa
“Great Little Beach House”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

It was so easy to book a six day stay with the owner of this beach house. Glenda is wonderful to work with. It is a very quiet neighborhood on a dead end street. I like that this beach house is pet friendly. The view of the ocean from the loft is amazing. I enjoyed sitting out on the upper deck with my morning cup of coffee while enjoying the sights and sounds of the ocean. It has a well furnished kitchen. It is just a short walk to the beach which is easily accessible. It is a beautiful walkable beach. Can't wait for another visit!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: The house is cozy and homey!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Vancouver
Reviewed 22 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 550
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing